• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Little known film fact"

Collapse

• Bellona
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    FTFY.

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to zeitghost again
    LMAO

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    FTFY.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to zeitghost again.
    Someone help me, please!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    In the Exorcist, the mother's scream of pain when she is backhanded into the wall by Regan is real. The director got the fx crew to crank the power of the harness up such that the actress cracked her (I think) pelvis. They zoomed in and got the reaction shot before calling cut.

In Terminator 2 Robert Patrick got carried away in one of the fight scenes and actually clobbered Arnie with a 2x4. He said how from then on Arnie was slamming him into the walls with serious force. After they had finished filming it Arnie walked over and told him "don't ever do that again".

In The Shining Kubrick got Jack to look so insane by insisting on hundreds of retakes of scenes, even ones where Jack just walked around a corner.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    The production crew of Poltergeist used real human skeletons because it was cheaper to purchase them instead of plastic ones.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellona View Post
    When John Marley (Jack Wolz) screams in horror when he finds the horses head in his bed in “The Godfather”, he isn’isn't acting – he is really screaming – no-one had told him it was going to be a real horses head (they got it from a dog food factory apparently)
    In The Exorcist, there's the scene where the priest is listening to a tape of Regan's tortured screams when the phone rings and he looks up with compete shock. Well the way director William Freidkin managed to get such a convincing reaction out of the actor was by firing a gun next to his head.

And I always found that horse's head scene completely laughable, because it looked about as convincing as Dobbin from Rentaghost.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 1 December 2013, 21:40.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    In Terminator 2, when you see Sarah Connor removing the chip from inside the Terminator's head, the reflection you see from the mirror they're sitting in front of isn't a reflection at all. It's actually clear glass, with the real Arnie sitting with Linda Hamilton's identical twin sister on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The best way to move a corpse, is to cut it into six pieces and pile them together.....
    Hey TM where ya been?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I trained several fighters from the film Gladiator. One of them also appeared in Eyes Wide Shut and several Harry Potter fims

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The best way to move a corpse, is to cut it into six pieces and pile them together.....

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was born in Glen Coe in the 1600s
    Do you mean you were born at 4pm yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Smells about right

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I was in Highlander

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Star Wars: Episode 4:

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    When John Marley (Jack Wolz) screams in horror when he finds the horses head in his bed in “The Godfather”, he isn’isn't acting – he is really screaming – no-one had told him it was going to be a real horses head (they got it from a dog food factory apparently)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X