• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whites only flights!"

Collapse

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    jabber

• verb. talk rapidly and excitedly but with little sense.

• noun. rapid and nonsensical talk.
    Blasphemy - even as we speak my followers are seeking you out.

They follow the techniques of Vlad the impaler when dealing with scum like yourself. My contribution is a generous coating of hot Chilli sauce on the stake just before it is rammed up your anus. Touchingly, this is now known as the Jabber sauce.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Jabber - how appropriate

jabber

• verb. talk rapidly and excitedly but with little sense.

• noun. rapid and nonsensical talk.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    If only Christians had someone we could look up to who could provide guidance on how to deal with life issues. Someone whose life could be used as an example and even better if that someone's words could be written down and so we would know what that someone's view on specific issues were. Wouldn't that be something?
    The Jabber Commandments are written down on here for all to see, my child. One day my followers will write it all down in the Big Jabber Book of Everything.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    As long as this good mans works don't become distorted so much to make him sound like a miracle worker possibly leading to gaining a "god like" status.

You know how it works. A guy stops a little girl from stepping out in front of a car. All of a sudden, it is a miracle she wasn't killed and he gets treated like superman.
    Shhh, don't tip the market....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    If only Christians had someone we could look up to who could provide guidance on how to deal with life issues. Someone whose life could be used as an example and even better if that someone's words could be written down and so we would know what that someone's view on specific issues were. Wouldn't that be something?
    As long as this good mans works don't become distorted so much to make him sound like a miracle worker possibly leading to gaining a "god like" status.

You know how it works. A guy stops a little girl from stepping out in front of a car. All of a sudden, it is a miracle she wasn't killed and he gets treated like superman.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wouldn't that be something?
    No. Something would be if German Advertising laws were applied to any attempts to convert to religion: you will have to prove that every single word is true, otherwise its not allowed. Of course this means there would be no religions, which would certainly make this world a much better place.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    I didn't know chico was an artist

although certainly he draws the approbation of many of the posters.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    IMO religious recruting should be regulated industry - there are far more legal checks and balances on making sure people don't get totally screwed up (unless they are asking for it) when taking a morgage, but a decision of life to join a religion is open to frauds of all sorts that can promise earth.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I am not interested in any religion, I merely commented that Buddism make far more sense than Islam or Chistianity.
    And I only refered you to the spirt of Zen Buddhims as it is a philosophy, its not a religion!

The last thing we need now is more religous converts,you are quite right that we need to seriously question these religous beliefs which are used to justify mass murder and warfare.

Anyway, you hit the nail on the head,just be nice to people and everything will be fine.

Easy eh ?

Ah but from over the hill comes Chico and the Theologians with a contradictory scripture urging us on to more Wars and the rest of the circus ..

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Humanism?

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    Its the best of a bad bunch but Humanism is the way forward.
    But wasn't hitler a humanist?
    Or was that chico?

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I am not interested in any religion, I merely commented that Buddism make far more sense than Islam or Chistianity.

Its the best of a bad bunch but Humanism is the way forward.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    [I]Makes much more sense than the others, dont you think?[/I

Yes but then again Buddhism is in essence a Philosophy rather than a religion.

Atw if you find Buddhism interesting,perhaps you would find Zen Buddhism fascinating.

A worthwhile book in this context is the Spirit of Zen by Alan Watts isbn 0 7195 5139 0

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    sappatz

russians embraced the christian (orthodox) faith because it does not ban alcohol or vodka, so simple is that !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X