• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best present youve bought this year"

Collapse

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    What makes them the best present that you have bought - the amount of thought that you've put into it? How much time you spent wondering if that was the just the right thing to buy, and that the person receiving it would really treasure the amount of effort you've put in?
    The idea that I never buy things for myself, pleasure I have in driving it and the happiness on the kids and wife's faces when I brought it home

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    say howdy to BGG from me Halo
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHS
    Will do

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    The difference they will make to BGG, his is fully disabled modified with hand controls, mine has a swivel & tilt passenger seat, by getting them we are able to give him back bit of the independence he has lost

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    What makes them the best present that you have bought -
    The difference they will make to BGG, his is fully disabled modified with hand controls, mine has a swivel & tilt passenger seat, by getting them we are able to give him back bit of the independence he has lost

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You buy yourself presents for Christmas?
    I buy myself presents for Friday.

The best present I've bought this year was for a friends 40th, a little book I stumbled across about a place we visited 20 or so years ago not long after we first met. He got a rather nice bottle of whiskey as well, but the book was much more thoughtful.
    Last edited by doodab; 25 November 2013, 12:11.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    So, out of all the things you have bought or plan to buy for christmas this year, which one is the best present and why?
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    For myself or for someone else?
    You buy yourself presents for Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    My brand new E-class Merc I picked up 3 weeks ago...
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Cars,
    BGG has on order a Toyota IQ3 & I am likely to be getting a VW Tiguan (just final negotiations on the cost / spec)
    What makes them the best present that you have bought - the amount of thought that you've put into it? How much time you spent wondering if that was the just the right thing to buy, and that the person receiving it would really treasure the amount of effort you've put in?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Cars,
    BGG has on order a Toyota IQ3 & I am likely to be getting a VW Tiguan (just final negotiations on the cost / spec)

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    My brand new E-class Merc I picked up 3 weeks ago...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    My PS4 should be arriving on Friday

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    For myself or for someone else?

Jr is getting a microscope for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    A furby, for the comedy value when working away from home of being able to see them react to inanimate object suddenly talk cat to them

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Oh tulip. While Lady Tester is very pleased with the loot from the weekend's shopping trip to various boutiques, I hadn't stopped to think that Christmas is coming. This could get expensive.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    A book, via Kickstarter, which shows that I love and accept everything about my wife.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X