• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ashes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ashes"

Collapse

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    After one decent day yesterday, normal service has been resumed. Expect Australia to chase this down and win by 6 or 7 wickets to take a 4-0 lead.
    Looks like I overestimated England's wicket taking ability by 1 or 2

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    I've been watching through the night most of the series, sleeping for a bit then watching a bit etc. but after last nights performance they can get ****ed I am not wasting my sleep time for that kind of performance.

Flat pitch, first innings lead, the game for the taking.....4 of the wickets were complete giveaways and 5 ducks in the innings FFS!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Fourth Ashes Test, day three (stumps): Australia (204 & 30-0) trail England (255 & 179) by 200 runs

Bugger.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    After one decent day yesterday, normal service has been resumed. Expect Australia to chase this down and win by 6 or 7 wickets to take a 4-0 lead.
    Watched the play from 2.30 to finish this morning. All full of hope and then some of the dumbest play I've ever seen in a test match. The tail is appalling.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Watching it play out, even for a draw is a great end to this match.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Great finish to the 1st Test between India and South Africa here.

South Africa v India - Cricket - BBC Sport
    South Africa set 458 to win on fourth innings, reach 402 for 4, 15 over left to go!! Now 411 for 6 with about 12 overs left. Fantastic test match.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Great finish to the 1st Test between India and South Africa here.

South Africa v India - Cricket - BBC Sport

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Really bad form to do that. I don't believe it had anything to do with his arm struggling on the second innings, he just wanted to head home for the holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    England's Swann retires from cricket - BBC Sport

Bad timing & letting your team mates down Graham. You're losing and you want to stop. Poor show should have seen the next two out and then retired.
    It's not often that I say this, but I agree with MF.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Bad timing & letting your team mates down Graham. You're losing and you want to stop. Poor show should have seen the next two out and then retired.
    It gives Monty a chance. I like Monty.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Just watched the highlights. Brutal. England are in disarray. How did this happen so quickly?

Have to say picking bresnan was a triumph of hope over experience, now broad won't be bowling again either we're well and truly shafted.

We can't ring wholesale changes now, but next year it's going to be time for some spring cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Actually, just seeing the Broad dismissal for the first time, stayed on the pitch looked for a review, then walked off fine.

He is looking for a flight home.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    IF Broad is gone that will be a 5-0 series win.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X