• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bonkers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bonkers"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Please can someone do the needful.
    Consider it done.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They're actually Mrs Suity's scabs.

Please spread some around yada yada yada
    Please can someone do the needful.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm lying on his bed in his bedsit eating his crisps.
    They're actually Mrs Suity's scabs.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You've seen his webcam?
    I'm lying on his bed in his bedsit eating his crisps.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    You seem to pull it off ok
    You've seen his webcam?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Can one who doesn't have a personality have a personality disorder?
    You seem to pull it off ok

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No, he was right first time. S is for Special. It is the unit that deals with persistent child sex offenders, who are themselves vulnerable, typically by virtue of a dual diagnosis of learning disability and personality disorder.
    Can one who doesn't have a personality have a personality disorder?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    FTFY

I thought you would have known the right name given all the time they have interviewed you
    No, he was right first time. S is for Special. It is the unit that deals with persistent child sex offenders, who are themselves vulnerable, typically by virtue of a dual diagnosis of learning disability and personality disorder.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just act like one of them Suity and you'll fit right in.
    Last edited by administrator; 19 November 2013, 11:52. Reason: Hot linking image from the KKK is not good.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Sentre.
    FTFY again

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    I'm not sure what theyve told you Suity, but you won't be doing banking BA work. You'll be doing interfaces between systems. I assume you are something like a TIBCO BPM guy. Dont worry, that is not unusually stressful because you are far away from the money making.

To be near the money making as a dev or BA you'd have to have decent knowledge of the below as well as sharp and accurate dev skills, an ability to work under a lot of pressure, and a capacity for binge drinking:

Market data... Curve building
    Pricing
    Risk - scenario analysis
    Product knowledge - trade life cycle and how it ties into accounting
    PnL

And you've got to know enough about this to explain the numbers to someone who is trying to intimidate you.

If you put bugs into prod, you are quickly sidelined. So this pressure is relentless.

Also, there's no IB trading floors in Cambridge surely. You'll be the only non-bob in an infrastructure team. That's not proper banking, you could be anywhere.

Did you mention your chartist / technical analysis skills in the interview?

Here's a tip, write defensive code and always do your own analysis and testing.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Centre.
    And the spurious "S" at the end of "SEOPS" stands for....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    FTFY

I thought you would have known the right name given all the time they have interviewed you

No I was right the first time, definitely SEOP. The Suity Exploitation & Online Protection Centre.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I guess the key differences here are that the gig actually exists and I'll be boarding a real plane.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Yep. To be fair it was a 6 monther but got cut short. Budgets. The other one is a 3 monther as well so it doesn't narrow it down. This is the IB gig based in Cambridge and Jersey.
    So you've not started yet and already they want shot of you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X