• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fate or I could have died yesterday"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    "Darling, it's a Mister Death. He's come about the reaping?"

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Death awaits us all ...

There was a merchant in Baghdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me.

She looked at me and made a threatening gesture; now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me.

The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went.

Then the merchant went down to the market-place and he saw Death standing in the crowd and he came to Death and said, Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning?

Death replied

It was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I'm sure that the creator keeps an eye on me , I've had so many near encounters with the grim-reaper yet I'm still here. Maybe each has his own fate.

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Four dead in M25 lorry accident

They said the crash at about 1035 BST on Tuesday, near Clacket Lane services, involved a lorry and a Volkswagen car.

-----------------

At this time I was driving back to Brum from Heathrow and somehow got wrong turn off M25 to get onto M4 rather than M40, it was around 10:35am today, I actually seen some old Volkswagen overtaking me real fast, no s**t!!!
    ATW. Your not dead but you are in a coma. Your are just about to regain consciousness. You have been dreaming. When you wake up you will realise that you are in hospital Moscow, you have never been to England, your UK visa was refused and so you got drunk and then fell down the stairs in your Kruschov kvartira.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I can't decide if this thread is some kind of triple level irony, or if ATW really doesn't know that Clacket Lane services is nowhere near the M4, M40 or Heathrow.

I was in an office in Bristol at the time. That was a close one.

Leave a comment:

• Chanveda
    replied
    Gods Grace

if you dont belive its due to gods wish he survived ask me ....

I live in a country of billion people,,,,,,with very unsafe roads and people with no road sense...oops... amazing that i m alive for 26 years,,,,,!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Should I insure my life?
    Why not take out a spread bet, you could be on to a winner?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW

They said the crash at about 1035 BST on Tuesday, near Clacket Lane services, involved a lorry and a Volkswagen car.

-----------------

At this time I was driving back to Brum from Heathrow and somehow got wrong turn off M25 to get onto M4 rather than M40, it was around 10:35am today, I actually seen some old Volkswagen overtaking me real fast, no s**t!!!

I drove my MG down a tarmac road yesterday at 10:35!! Sh*t how close was that?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW

-----------------

I think there is a lesson in this for you AtW. It's dangerous to leave the house, so don't. You can do everything you need to now via the internet, so no reason to leave the house at all ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Should I insure my life?

If I did not goof up by getting onto M4 rather than continueing on M25 to M40 I would not have been at that place where accident took place, it seems to have happened earlier, but still rather close one...

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    You MUST watch final destination ATW, it'll all become clear..

Glad your still with us for a short time bud.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Whatever you do Alex, don't watch Final Destination

Leave a comment:

• Viktor
    replied
    No sh*t AtW, time for a prayer???

Leave a comment:

• Toad
    replied
    Maybe Chico's God is looking after you as well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Fate or I could have died yesterday

Fate or I could have died yesterday

-----------------

Working...
X