• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The backlash

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The backlash"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Pretty good article here

Sir, sir, come quickly! Blatant rip-offs at 12 o'clock sighted.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: people getting their comeuppance

I rather like this thread. I could go on forever with liars, the pig-ignorant, and those that are both.

Today it is Tony Blair's turn. This morning, this coont said he was desperately keen to encourage sport in schools. The opposite, in fact, to what his government has been doing since 1997.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Chris Martin. Do tell

Fair enough, but to get back on track the original question, (does anyone remember that) was what people, or types of people, will you look forward to getting their comeuppance, when the world turns, as it always does?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Chris Martin. Do tell

Same as Bono really, but I also remember his recent rant against shareholders of companies.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Chris Martin. Do tell

So how has he annoyed you then?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Chris Martin. Nobody has mentioned him yet. Listed in the dark side of my soul with Bono.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is Geldof pompous and hypercritical?
    Yes

Are unfortunate people going to benefit from this?
    Yes

Is it the best way to tackle the problem?
    No

Is it legal to make profit by ticket touting?
    Yes/No, You can be arrested for touting outside venues.

Is it moral to be a ticket tout?
    No

Is it the usual suspects trying to make a fast buck?
    Yes

Are these the people regularly scamming on Ebay?
    Almost certainly

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The fact is that if a ticket cost £20, then Live8 were never going to see more than £20 for it. I really can't see what business it is of Sir Bob "there are millions starving in Africa" Geldof just what the purchasers of said ticket then decide to do with their legally bought ticket. I hope he gets sued by Ebay for his crass comments. Pompous ******! >:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's amazing how many people are all of a sudden (on ebay) ill and can't go. They still want ridiculous amounts of cash though. Like I said ebay is full of dodgy chavs who wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    He'd say you were coont. Hand over ALL of your cash. Coont.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What if I sold my two tickets on eBay for more than the price I paid, with the intention of handing over half my profits as a further donation.

What would St Bob's stance be on that?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ebay is full of dodgy scammers, crooks and assorted chavs.

paypal me £2500 1 pair of tickets i broke my leg so cant go send to [email protected]
    What an utter coont.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    they should be sued by the people who were selling the tickets, for their loss.
    I believe that they can be.

That would be interesting. As well as teaching them a lesson, they could counter-sue Saint Bob.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bidders who tried to prevent the sale of Live 8 tickets on auction website eBay have had their accounts suspended.......

sounds fair to me, they obviously aren't interested in trading so they should be suspended. In fact they should be sued by the people who were selling the tickets, for their loss.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The people who are selling these tickets on websites are miserable wretches who are capitalising on people's misery
    I don't see how, unless I've missed a vital part of the story. Will the intended recipients of the money (directly or indirectly) receive less because someone decides to sell their ticket? If not, then so what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X