• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gig of the day - £100/day - less than permie income"

Collapse

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    1st line help desk = Toilet cleaner
    Sounds like Brillopad.
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Required skills:
    - Ability to write
    Not Brillopad then.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    This has been happening for years. Adapt or die. Personally I renewed my clearance and work on systems where non-brits ain't allowed.
    Its getting in on that particular gravy train that's the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    That happened when a load of us were culled from Bangalore Telecom. A guy I worked with had a very niche skill set was on something like 350 a day. His role was advertised at 140. The agency are getting paid either way as this is just an exercise to get bobs over here. They advertise it at such a low rate so that no local could do the job and you can claim that there is a skills shortage and get bob in.
    This has been happening for years. Adapt or die. Personally I renewed my clearance and work on systems where non-brits ain't allowed.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    You are missing the point - they don't care, they won't be calling, they have already given the gig to Bobco.
    That happened when a load of us were culled from Bangalore Telecom. A guy I worked with had a very niche skill set was on something like 350 a day. His role was advertised at 140. The agency are getting paid either way as this is just an exercise to get bobs over here. They advertise it at such a low rate so that no local could do the job and you can claim that there is a skills shortage and get bob in.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    maybe we should pull a stunt on this agency to teach them a lesson.

If 100 of us apply to the role and don't answer the calls do you think they would get the message?
    You are missing the point - they don't care, they won't be calling, they have already given the gig to Bobco.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    He's in Barcelona
    perfect - outsource it.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Did you refer your friend manual ?
    He's in Barcelona

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Today, had one for a Test Analyst in Oxford. £175 a day must speak fluent spanish.

Did you refer your friend manual ?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Today, had one for a Test Analyst in Oxford. £175 a day must speak fluent spanish.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Required skills:

- Answering a phone
    - Ability to write
    yeah most fail that!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Required skills:

- Answering a phone
    - Ability to write

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Toilet cleaner MI analyst?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    They have one for £70 pd on their site.
    Toilet cleaner MI analyst?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    They have one for £70 pd on their site.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    It was Christmas 1997. Having completed a 13 month industrial placement (paying £10500pa), they needed someone to go back and write reports from the system which I'd been implementing.

Five days work, £500 tax free, no expenses as I stayed with a friend who worked there.
    You see £100 was worth something back in 1997.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X