• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Irritating contractor syndrome"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Ahhh Gotcha!

Two consecutive roles with another running concurrently (to both).

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I've had one contract since the start of the year that's on a retainer basis. And two other fixed job contracts, one after the other while the retainer contract still runs (and occasionally makes some demand on my time)
    Ahhh Gotcha!

Two consecutive roles with another running concurrently (to both).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I know I am going to regret this and you are going to call me a cretin and all that but.....

I am slightly confused by what you are saying.

Several (or even 2) serial jobs.

Do you mean serial as in "one after the other" (a word that could possibly be used is consecutive)
    or do you mean concurrent as in "at the same time".
    and

One consecutive one.
    Is that consecutive as in errrr well "one after the other"

Wouldn't you need more than one to rate as consecutive?

Or do you just mean you have had 3 "jobs" this year?
    Sorry for the confusion. I've had one contract since the start of the year that's on a retainer basis. And two other fixed job contracts, one after the other while the retainer contract still runs (and occasionally makes some demand on my time)

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    I know I am going to regret this and you are going to call me a cretin and all that but.....

Do you mean serial as in "one after the other" (a word that could possibly be used is consecutive)
    and

One consecutive one.

WDS.
    Sounds like he may be a tad confused the poor dear.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Less of a contractor nowadays than a "proper" small business with several (well 2) serial jobs and one consecutive one since the start of the year.
    But this fixed-price job model is much more lucrative and less work than a daily/hourly rate, disguised-employee model.

and

One consecutive one.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Less of a contractor nowadays than a "proper" small business with several (well 2) serial jobs and one consecutive one since the start of the year.
    But this fixed-price job model is much more lucrative and less work than a daily/hourly rate, disguised-employee model.

Poll to follow

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Good to SASguru back

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Good to SASguru back
    Good to push SASguru backwards off a cliff (or tall building)

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Good to have SASguru back
    Somebody nabbed 20% of that sentence

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    started a topic Irritating contractor syndrome

Irritating contractor syndrome

Good to have SASguru back

keyboard is a bit sticky
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 17 October 2013, 16:27.

Working...
X