• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Getting rich

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting rich"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Hang on you are a contractor with shares in a ltd company and you are asking about dividends??

Now what would NLUK say in this situation....
    You're a cretin???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    She is not available to comment on it...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Noob question:

If I buy shares and a dividend is paid a month later, do I get the whole dividend, or is it pro-rata for how long I've held the shares?
    Hang on you are a contractor with shares in a ltd company and you are asking about dividends??

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Makes sense. Ta.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Noob question:

If I buy shares and a dividend is paid a month later, do I get the whole dividend, or is it pro-rata for how long I've held the shares?
    Dividend dates explained | Interactive Investor

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Noob question:

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    I am in a similar boat, but i am thinking of waiting to make sure the US doesn't default first as that would presumably have a detrimental effect on the stock market.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Buy some shares in a recruitment agency
    Profiting off the misery of others?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I just bought a new mattress.
    Hi Suity.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I just bought a new mattress.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm leaving my money in a cash isa. thank you all very much.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    This is where I would put money at the moment: an all-Europe (including UK) index tracker.

https://www.vanguard.co.uk/documents...-ucits-etf.pdf

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Following the RM fiasco, I've got a shade under 5k in cash sitting in a stocks and shares ISA.

I could just return it to my negligible interest savings account, but wouldn't mind giving the investment thing a go.

So what's a good idea for a beginner? Managed fund? FTSE 100 tracker? Individual shares?

Thinking a mixture - perhaps 2K FTSE 100 tracker, 1K BP shares (or Vodafone?), and the rest in a managed fund?

Haven't a clue what I'm doing - just want to make sure that the above doesn't sound really stupid...
    Buy some shares in a recruitment agency

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    She's not allowed to charge for that!
    I can assure you that is untrue. She just doesn't charge very much.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yeah, but as you're not on the same plane with your flatulence problem I think we may make it.
    Its a bit rich saying I am full of hot air coming from you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X