• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: French question

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "French question"

Collapse

• Helios
    replied
    Sorry. Did not intend to make that look as personal as it did. When I die I hope someone will erect a structure, that says stole cars on nights out while never paying the congestion charge for them, and drove at over 80mph on the A11, having shot out all the speed cameras with my air rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    While visiting France recently, I stumbled across a big statue of a soldier with this inscribed on it. Anyone know what it means?

"Tombeau du fromage-manger singes inconnu de reddition"
    In loving memory of Wendigo100s relative, who fought bravely against the tyranny of ken livingston and tony blair to make a fair world for all of us. May he be remembered as the brave soldier that had one blog on the internet to his name. May every wheel clamp and parking fine live up to his name for exceeding the 30mph speed limit on London roads. A brave soul who won a bitter battle and earned good death.

Leave a comment:

• StoneLaughter
    replied
    ...which translates as;

"The tomb for the unknown monkey who eats cheese and surrenders."

Nice... *nods*

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    While visiting France recently, I stumbled across a big statue of a soldier with this inscribed on it. Anyone know what it means?

Not by a native...

Should be:
    "Le tombeau pour le singe inconnu qui mange cheese et surenders."

Leave a comment:

• StoneLaughter
    replied
    And paralink (which is usually better by far than Babelfish) gives the even worse:

Tomb of the cheese - to eat monkeys the unknown of capitulation

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    'The tomb of the unknown cheese-eating surrender monkey'.

According to Babelfish.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    started a topic French question

French question

Working...
X