• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In my short time on here...."

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    well now you come to mention it....prehaps the meal did make the difference then.....
    Good man. Now that's something you can put a value on.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Bike pump. She turned up in a pair of exceedingly tight shorts which made me reach for the smelling salts briefly. Potentially a fantasy straight out of the American Beauty genre...

Fat thighs has done a runner. Rest of the players here are fat middle-aged mums and blue-rinses. Acorn 5 and all that...

hyperD in "Dirty Old Man" mode

So the ol' lady has done a runner?
    You lucky boy "Home alone" with tight bike shorts visiting

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Should have stayed at home then!! Unless, of course, your £85 made the difference between letting yourself in through the front door or making your way around to the rear entrance when you got home.
    well now you come to mention it....prehaps the meal did make the difference then.....

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    the meal came to around the £85 mark (the wine was around £25), the fish was urm....let me think....ffs I can't remember......it wasn't the highlight of the evening....the point is I didn't need the meal for the jump to happen, it would have happened ether way.....
    Should have stayed at home then!! Unless, of course, your £85 made the difference between letting yourself in through the front door or making your way around to the rear entrance when you got home.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Is this one of those Penis pumps?
    Funny sort of girls round you way HyperD
    Bike pump. She turned up in a pair of exceedingly tight shorts which made me reach for the smelling salts briefly. Potentially a fantasy straight out of the American Beauty genre...

Fat thighs has done a runner. Rest of the players here are fat middle-aged mums and blue-rinses. Acorn 5 and all that...

hyperD in "Dirty Old Man" mode

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    the meal came to around the £85 mark (the wine was around £25), the fish was urm....let me think....ffs I can't remember......it wasn't the highlight of the evening....the point is I didn't need the meal for the jump to happen, it would have happened ether way.....

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    HyperD, you need to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labours. I can sense an office function at the Ivy is called for. Go on, you know it makes sense. May as well use that tax free staff party allowance for something.

BTW, did you manage to smooth things over with Mrs hyperD?
    Yes, still have last allowance to use up. Just been very busy but maybe after Xmas will blow out on plush dining - been busy bookmarking your recommendations.

Mrs hyperD and myself have just signed another Magyar treaty so trades are back on again - thank you for asking!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    What sort of fish, Gooner? That's like saying I went to a restaurant and ate some meat.

More to the point, how much did it cost you to get a jump with your dining companion? Enquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Blimey, that looks like a TGI Friday on acid! Still, if the food is good, I won't sniff at it [I have an innate suspicion that places with extravagent, lurid, tourist eye-catching decor might mean they're skimping on the quality of the food and/or the head chef].

What did you have to eat, Gooner? Any good?

I notice Turkish wine on the menu. Never had that before.
    seem to remeber the menu was not that large, had fish, with lots of side orders it was ok - the wine was ok - I'd go again but it was not the best place I've been to. It was a good experiance, the company however was very good.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I've been there a couple of times about 10 years ago when I was young and foolish. The food was absolutely terrible then, so much so that the group I was with decided to have a food fight rather than eating it. We were banned when a decorative pineapple landed on another diners table.
    Ahh, the folly of youth. Did they retaliate with a barrage of bread rolls?

It also fails the Clement Freud test of what constitutes a place worthy of your attentions: "Never eat in a restaurant that offers more dishes than it has tables".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Blimey, that looks like a TGI Friday on acid! Still, if the food is good, I won't sniff at it [I have an innate suspicion that places with extravagent, lurid, tourist eye-catching decor might mean they're skimping on the quality of the food and/or the head chef].

I've been there a couple of times about 10 years ago when I was young and foolish. The food was absolutely terrible then, so much so that the group I was with decided to have a food fight rather than eating it. We were banned when a decorative pineapple landed on another diners table.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Yes, the authentic oven to give it that smoky, crusty feel. Wonder if an open/closed BBQ Weber grill would suffice?

Bentleys - never been but would love to go - might treat wife and myself sometime.

Been too busy the last month - spent most of my time cooking rather than going out - got deadline in Oct for one client, Nov for another and then Dec for another project. Just did 18 hours yesterday and am knackered... good turnover this year though!!!! Might us it as an escuse to go out to the fine establishments.
    HyperD, you need to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labours. I can sense an office function at the Ivy is called for. Go on, you know it makes sense. May as well use that tax free staff party allowance for something.

BTW, did you manage to smooth things over with Mrs hyperD?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    went here the other day with a special friend ;0)http://www.sarastro-restaurant.com/about_us.html

nice place, looks like minture west end show...recomended

Leave a comment:

• Badgers Armpit
    replied
    Yes, the authentic oven to give it that smoky, crusty feel. Wonder if an open/closed BBQ Weber grill would suffice?

Tried cooking homemade pizza on my weber (closed). It was ok although it did burn the base a little. Next time I'll try it on a lower heat & keep an eye on it . . .

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    LOL! She's been mysteriously quiet the last week or two. I can only assume that she knows an IT contractor who showed her the picture and now there's an imminent police enquiry going on...

However, I spoke to the younger daughter yesterday who popped round (and is about to go to university) and wanted to borrow my pump.

So I gave her one.

Is this one of those Penis pumps?
    Funny sort of girls round you way HyperD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X