• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Royal Mail float

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Royal Mail float"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Dividend has been declared of 13.3p a share so a yield of 4.03% if you bought at the original price, or 2.66% if you buy today
    Yay! Still got mine. I didn't even sell when they were nearly at £6.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Dividend has been declared of 13.3p a share so a yield of 4.03% if you bought at the original price, or 2.66% if you buy today

Leave a comment:

• blinko
    replied
    currently touching 590p on the ask

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    There was plenty of chances to get more shares, I managed to get my extra shares at an average of 490 so still up 20% on that lot
    Agreed and I can find hundreds of 'hindsight' trades that will make me rich. I expected the initial bump to be the bulk of the rise, which I was not alone in thinking. I have significant concerns about RM as a business to invest in from a standing start so while I knew they were selling it cheap, it is not a business I would choose to invest in without the cheap price 'bribe'.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Sickening.

We'll raise to toast to you at the party as we celebrate our dirty spekulation

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    I'm still in and obviously happy but 500 notes isn't a life changer for anyone on here. Missus has been saying wow, that's brilliant till I pointed out we would need one of these deals every single day to pack in working !
    Also can't help but think about the 10k of shares I actually applied for...
    There was plenty of chances to get more shares, I managed to get my extra shares at an average of 490 so still up 20% on that lot

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I'm still in and obviously happy but 500 notes isn't a life changer for anyone on here. Missus has been saying wow, that's brilliant till I pointed out we would need one of these deals every single day to pack in working !
    Also can't help but think about the 10k of shares I actually applied for...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Damned decent of you. for that man!
    Alas all in a SIPP so you will have to wait 22 years for a drink

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Sickening.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Champagne's on me at the Christmas party
    Damned decent of you. for that man!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Now what is the appropriate smiley for those ego bought more shares when everyone else was selling them

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    <la la la I'm not listening>

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I wonder if they'll touch 600 ?
    574 at the moment and they hit a high of 578 earlier this week so it's possible.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    545 this morning. Currently around 530p.
    I wonder if they'll touch 600 ?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    This is a non-story especially for contractors because a S&S ISA should be the first thing you max out every tax year, definitely before you touch a pension. So, if you have chucked a load in, get it diverted into trackers ASAP.
    You might think you want to work forever or will always be able to, I like to have options and thats what money gives you.
    It lets you turn down work you don't want to do and insulates you from the insecure working method you have chosen.
    AND, if it turns out you don't need the reserve, it helps maintain your life when work ends, bit of a win win I reckon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X