• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying property in Berlin"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Their economy is on fire...
    Much like Berlin in 1945....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You might think so, but their economy is in much better shape than ours
    Their economy is on fire...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    First raised the possibility of this a few years ago.
    Looks like I was right and should have done it since property prices have shot up.
    Still nowhere near London prices though, and with war-chest at a massive level now, I'm sorely tempted.
    Plus one of best mates used to be an estate agent in Berlin so I have the inside expertise.
    Will visit in autumn and ask his opinion.
    Buy a castle and estate in East Germany. Then you can live in the manner you obviously want to become accustomed to.

How to buy a castle in East Germany

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You might think so, but their economy is in much better shape than ours...
    A single person like you should move there
    No shortage of work for "contractors" so I hear

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Is that about £65?
    You might think so, but their economy is in much better shape than ours, so it's actually more like £200,000 of your debased and worthless pounds.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Nice villa for 35,000,000 syrian pounds.
    Is that about £65?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Nice villa for 35,000,000 syrian pounds.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Yeah, they do that by charging people a preposterous amount for doing **** all, not by risking their own money.

A bit like most of us lot really.
    And your point is?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    If a US citizen buys one, it then gets bombed by the US, would he be able to sue the US government?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The next property boom

Aram Real Estate | Syria Real Estate | Syria Properties

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    But will get the inside gen over a city break in November - estate agent mate made enough out of property so he doesn't have to work.
    Yeah, they do that by charging people a preposterous amount for doing **** all, not by risking their own money.

A bit like most of us lot really.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I'll be in Berlin next week, tell me what you want and I'll pick one up for you! Actually there's a bit of a backlash about property spekulants in Berlin currently as they're coming in, buying up the properties, making areas fashionable and pricing out the locals. As Berlin is not quite London, a fair bit of this backlash is violent...
    Depends where I guess. We lived in Wilmersdorf for a couple of year, lovely area and only minutes walk from the ku-dam.

I prefer the weather in southern Germany, like the seasons used to be.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I'll be in Berlin next week, tell me what you want and I'll pick one up for you! Actually there's a bit of a backlash about property spekulants in Berlin currently as they're coming in, buying up the properties, making areas fashionable and pricing out the locals. As Berlin is not quite London, a fair bit of this backlash is violent...
    Yeah heard about this. What it tells me is that social cleansing of the crusties is taking place and therefore the boom is not nearly over yet. Don't intend to live there, but rent it out, so not an issue.
    But will get the inside gen over a city break in November - estate agent mate made enough out of property so he doesn't have to work.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Translation:

It's just one of many dreamt up realities I have had over the years.
    Hindsight is a perfect science.
    My ikea bedroom chest is overflowing with crusty socks.
    Someone spoke to me. He is my BFF.
    I'll fantasize about a holiday there from my sun-filled eco-shed later this week.

Look, we all thought it, but we know how fragile his mental state is, so we don't say it. Okay?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X