• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Now this pisses me off"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    She was a secretary on £50k.

Still this isnt the first case against Deush Bank. They got hammered and fair and square too. They should have moved to stamp the bullying out BUT they didnt.

Mailman
    50k Salary yes, that's not the whole picture working for a city bank (It's called a bonus - they're normally pretty big in the city - like 100% plus of salary), I just quoted the times in that respect, no reason to disbelieve them.

And there are different kinds of secretary - not just the chick typing out the dept memos. Being she was on 50k basic I doubt she's the sort you're thinking of (Especially given she's now studying for her PhD):

Ms Green, 36, who worked as a company secretary assistant between October 1997 and October 2001, was on the lower rungs of what could have become a highly paid career as a company secretary, the officer responsible for making sure a limited company's records and documentation are in order.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Well with that attitude

I reckon it's either a Doctor's receptionist or civil servant of some kind, possibly ex-HMCE?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Asterix
    I work in places where you can't even get an interview you MORON
    Please give us an example ...

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    How gallling (c'mon it's not that difficult)

You've been twigged already Mailman.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Probably Ginger as well!

Leave a comment:

• Asterix
    replied
    To Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    And where do you work, Asterix?
    McDonalds!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    It's Deutsche Bank you moron.
    You've never worked there, so how the **** can you pass judgemnent on them.
    Stop being a deutsche bag!

BTW, keep your bullying up...you could be worth around £800k to me

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Like any of the top investment banks, it's a cut-throat and competitive environment that you either take it or leave it - no worse or better than UBS or CSFB or any other one. DP, why do you think is that women represent only 20% of the City workforce but the majority of the tribunal cases. Open season for any minger that can't do her job, that is
    And where do you work, Asterix?

Leave a comment:

• Asterix
    replied
    Ignorant

Like any of the top investment banks, it's a cut-throat and competitive environment that you either take it or leave it - no worse or better than UBS or CSFB or any other one. DP, why do you think is that women represent only 20% of the City workforce but the majority of the tribunal cases. Open season for any minger that can't do her job, that is

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    What aren’t reported are the unsuccessful cases. Even many genuine cases about physical injury are lost because the Claimant does not have a barrister as experienced as the Respond. Cases can go badly wrong with or without Legal Aid. A Claimant can have a genuine case and if the Claimant looses he will have to pay costs even on No Win No Fee cases. A former colleague of mine a assistance on a No Win No fee case, he lost and had to pay the respondents costs of £30k. He re-mortgaged his house.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oops, looks like we've got one of the bullies here.

Leave a comment:

• Asterix
    replied
    Before you pass judgement

It's Deutsche Bank you moron.
    You've never worked there, so how the **** can you pass judgemnent on them.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    She was a secretary on £50k.

Still this isnt the first case against Deush Bank. They got hammered and fair and square too. They should have moved to stamp the bullying out BUT they didnt.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Does show one thing though.

Almost everyone in London working at big banks is on good wonga.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X