• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gutless. The stench of appeasement"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    In other words you were "PM'd" on CUK
    Not quite old chap.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I heard today from someone 'in the know' .
    In other words you were "PM'd" on CUK

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The US probably fancies its chances at bombing a cease fire out of Assad in a matter of days.

If they can do that then we are going to look like first class idiots.
    I heard today from someone 'in the know' that a British submarine is being deployed to the region. One that just happens to fire cruise missiles......

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hehe, Anyway I guessed later while having a fag break: "Call Me Dave"
    I received a yellow rep point for the previous post, but that has now turned green.

So what does yellow signify, and why would it change?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why break the habit of a lifetime?
    Hehe, Anyway I guessed later while having a fag break: "Call Me Dave"

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    CMD has gone up massively in my estimation. I'm starting to like him. He's let his MPs vote with their conscience, arguably at the cost of his own political capital, and yeah he's lost the vote, but in doing so he's struck a blow for democracy and he's demonstrated that what happens in the UK still carries some weight on the world stage. Obama has little choice but to follow his lead and ask congress, anything else would be dictatorial. The French won't go it alone, they may even decide to have a vote themselves. That's quite a big influence for the leader of a coalition to have on 3/5 of the permanent members of the UN security council, and it also strengthens the cases for the Falklands & Gibraltar because it shows that when we say the will of the people is sovereign we mean it.

Milliband is a nobody who will come to nothing. A bone fide worthless pleb.
    You worry me.

Firstly you are using reason and logic in your arguments and secondly you are getting to be terribly objective. I am not sure you are cut out for this forum

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sorry to sound thick, but who is CMD again? Is it a new acronym for the PM, a British equivalent of POTUS?
    Call Me Dave.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sorry to sound thick,
    Why break the habit of a lifetime?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    CMD has gone up massively in my estimation. I'm starting to like him. ..
    Sorry to sound thick, but who is CMD again? Is it a new acronym for the PM, a British equivalent of POTUS?

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Taking this decision to a vote is fine, however waiting over a week for the vote to happens is idiotic, get them in today or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I strongly suspect Milliband thought that parliament would vote for military action, to give him the opportunity for "I told you this was a bad idea" moments when the tulip got going.

Now with Obama calling in a vote it looks likely that nothing will be done and that could be very bad for Labour, Cameron will have a lot of "I tried to do something but you stopped me" moments over the next few months.

I think this is going to be Ed's final **** up.
    As long as the proles get their benefits and Sky TV I doubt they really care what's happening in Syria

The proles have short memories bribe them enough with borrowed money and he could still get a landslide

Never underestimate the power of stupid people it's how governments get elected

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Perhaps time for another vote now.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I strongly suspect Milliband thought that parliament would vote for military action, to give him the opportunity for "I told you this was a bad idea" moments when the tulip got going.

Now with Obama calling in a vote it looks likely that nothing will be done and that could be very bad for Labour, Cameron will have a lot of "I tried to do something but you stopped me" moments over the next few months.

CMD has gone up massively in my estimation. I'm starting to like him. He's let his MPs vote with their conscience, arguably at the cost of his own political capital, and yeah he's lost the vote, but in doing so he's struck a blow for democracy and he's demonstrated that what happens in the UK still carries some weight on the world stage. Obama has little choice but to follow his lead and ask congress, anything else would be dictatorial. The French won't go it alone, they may even decide to have a vote themselves. That's quite a big influence for the leader of a coalition to have on 3/5 of the permanent members of the UN security council, and it also strengthens the cases for the Falklands & Gibraltar because it shows that when we say the will of the people is sovereign we mean it.

Milliband is a nobody who will come to nothing. A bone fide worthless pleb.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    OBama is actually drowning in scandals in the USA, he needs a war to get out of the hole he is in.
    Well this is true, the whole NSA / PRISM thing has left him looking like a bit of a dictator in disguise. In that respect, an opportunity to follow the "will of the people" and avoid a war is probably more than he could have hoped for.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X