• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Syria; bloody hell

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Syria; bloody hell"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I’ve forgotten the reason they join the Foreign Legion
    I know why the ones I know joined. and I wish I could forget it

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    that'll be the foreign legion. it was full of brits the last time I heard
    I’ve forgotten the reason they join the Foreign Legion

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Update;

Syria: France threatens military force in wake of chemical weapons claims - Telegraph

Contrary to their reputation for surrendering, the Frogs seem to have done a decent job in Mali, but it's debatable whether Al and his Malinese Qaedas could put up as much of a fight as Assad.
    that'll be the foreign legion. it was full of brits the last time I heard

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Update;

Syria: France threatens military force in wake of chemical weapons claims - Telegraph

Contrary to their reputation for surrendering, the Frogs seem to have done a decent job in Mali, but it's debatable whether Al and his Malinese Qaedas could put up as much of a fight as Assad.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Unlike Russia, which a mafia state on a far larger scale

No one cries about 'doing something' about Russia either
    I think some punk girls tried that a little while back and found themselves in prison.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its like Egypt. They have a dictator, imprison him. Everyone fights. Then they realize they are better off with a dictator.

These countries should make themselves part of the Empire. Its the only way forward.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    tulipty and all as the IRA are, there aren't camps of hundreds and thousands of people that the UN has to feed and house.

I don't think it's the same thing. The scale is vastly different for one thing.

The IRA are a bunch of thugs, they aren't running a country, much as I'm sure they would like to think they are.
    Unlike Russia, which a mafia state on a far larger scale

No one cries about 'doing something' about Russia either

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Did you ask me that just because I'm Irish or because you really think it is the same?
    Din't know you were Irish.

Religion, sectarianism, whatever wrapping they want to give. It's the same source the world over. I grew up in Glasgow with the sectarianism crap, bunch of small minded thugs.

The violence in Iraq today is sectarianism pure and simple. Egypt, they say it's uprising, no it's religious hatred.

Syria, I don't believe for a minute, had the rebels preached under the same as what's his face there'd be the conflict that we now see.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    This IRA thing has been going on for ages, why are they getting away with it?
    Did you ask me that just because I'm Irish or because you really think it is the same?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

The sooner the human condition can accept a life without religion, the sooner society can all live in corporation,

expect for SAS of course, he's a nutter - get him!
    Feck me, it's a wonder that a cretin like you can make a living at all.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

The sooner the human condition can accept a life without religion, the sooner society can all live in corporation,

tulipty and all as the IRA are, there aren't camps of hundreds and thousands of people that the UN has to feed and house.

I don't think it's the same thing. The scale is vastly different for one thing.

The IRA are a bunch of thugs, they aren't running a country, much as I'm sure they would like to think they are.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I thought that this morning - I saw some of the front pages in the supermarket this morning... all those kids Horrific.

This Syria thing has been going on for ages, why are they getting away with it?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    and also happens to be possibly the richest man on earth

linky
    linky 2
    Having money doesn't make him not a nutjob

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I dunno - that Putin fella seems to be a nutjob of CUK proportions.
    and also happens to be possibly the richest man on earth

linky
    linky 2
    Last edited by chef; 22 August 2013, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I dunno - that Putin fella seems to be a nutjob of CUK proportions.
    Definitely. But I doubt whether George W Bush could even figure out the meaning of the letters on a keyboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X