• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Liver and wine

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Liver and wine"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    [QUOTE=BigRed;1792165]Peasant!!!

its not pleasant, being a peasant

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't like liver, and I don't much like Pinotage (although starting to come round to it), but I think they'd go very well together.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Don't drink red but I do like a nice Auerbacher Rott: Auerbacher Rott - Riesling.de from just down the road. Reminds me, weinfests starting soon

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I've had some that go brilliantly with lamb.
    I drank quite a bit of Rose in Toulouse with all sorts of meats as well as Fois Gras & Cassoulet.

I do find this whole matching wine with food thing quite odd. It makes much more sense to decide what you want to drink and then pick your snacks appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Decent Chateau Neuf Du Pape - would work wonderfully with liver

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Liver and onions eh ?

I would reccommend Fosters. No wait....Carlsberg. Deffo Carlsberg

Peasant!!!

Definitely this one: Tesco Lambrusco Rosso 75Cl - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sorry to ask, but I googled liver and wine and all I got was a long line of Daily Wail articles telling me I'm dying of liver disease.
    Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    No pink stuff, only red. The Burgundy's a good idea, but would it stand up to the raw onions?
    You'd be surprised at some of the pink stuff, especially those made with single varietal grapes, I've had an excellent Pinot and also Shiraz and Tempranillo roses recently. You need to search for the heavier grape types.

I've had some that go brilliantly with lamb.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Liver and onions eh ?

I would reccommend Fosters. No wait....Carlsberg. Deffo Carlsberg

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Not related to this thread, but someone bought me a copy of this recently, there are not really any recipes in it, the author just shows what flavours go well together.

The Flavour Thesaurus
    Have that in my cookbook library.

One book I've read recently that might appeal to some here is cooking for Geeks

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Get yourself a copy of this
    Not related to this thread, but someone bought me a copy of this recently, there are not really any recipes in it, the author just shows what flavours go well together.

The Flavour Thesaurus

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    No pink stuff, only red. The Burgundy's a good idea, but would it stand up to the raw onions?
    Yes, there's a lot of strong flavours in Burgundian food, ( Epoisse for example). Crianza or anything tempranillo will overpower liver, it has a delicate flavour.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Get yourself a copy of this

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Marcillac, or pick a nice burgundy from Santenay, or you could try a pinot noir rose or a valpolicella is always a good option.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Currently contracting at M&S, and their wine selections is actually very good. They do a nice one, and a very nice Cotes du Rhone. Wont go with liver, but they also do a Crianza (Romeral) which is one of the best I have tasted.
    Good idea, a Crianza; haven't had any Spanish wine in a while now so I think I'll go with this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X