• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Caffeine!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Caffeine!"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Far better to find out why you are permanently tired.

Could be something simple as in women it often is.
    I first went to the doc feeling tired 28 years ago and honestly cannot remember ever not feeling tired since then to some degree - had various tests, but never got to the bottom of it, and you get to the point where you feel like you're just being a pain and have to live with it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me who's permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
    Far better to find out why you are permanently tired.

Could be something simple as in women it often is.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me whose permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
    Ha, yes, indeed. After today, I am staying clear.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yep - wouldn't have any qualms about drinking coffee (except I don't much like it) but taking caffeine pills as a performance boost seems 'wrong'. Not sure how much of the effect was psychological. Certainly won't do it every week, but it was interesting to try it. For someone like me who's permanently tired the modafinil thing sounds magic - and because of that I'm not going there!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 27 July 2013, 21:41. Reason: :spel

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Going back on a thread from last week, last night, I was offered a Modafinil. Just to see what it was like, perfectly legal, I had a long drive today, so took it. 100mg.

Acutely impressed, and can see how/why people are raving about it. Could also see how an addicted personality could quite easily get hooked on the stuff. I can also imagine being an awful lot more productive if I did take it professionally. Got home safely, not crazily, and have been working hard all day on Plan B, something I avoid at all costs normally.

Be careful.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Well, the result of the experiment:

4 Boots 'Energy-plus' pills (50mg each) = 34 seconds off my PB (official timings not yet in)

Did throw up at the end though. Not sure if that was the caffeine pills or the sprint finish.
    Nice one!

I kicked off my trail run today with a monster drink with 150mg in it which perked me up, dropped 150mg of pills a couple of hours later which brought on the jitters a bit but sailed through a pretty tough run using it. Nasty stuff really.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    By this logic, with the amount of coffee I drink I should be faster than Usain Bolt!
    By this logic, if I stop drinking coffee I will become a statue.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well, the result of the experiment:

4 Boots 'Energy-plus' pills (50mg each) = 34 seconds off my PB (official timings not yet in)

Did throw up at the end though. Not sure if that was the caffeine pills or the sprint finish.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Time to get the Pepsi in.
    Hmm, chocolate's got caffeine in!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Time to get the Pepsi in.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I rarely drink coffee, so am feeling genuinely excited about this!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    By this logic, with the amount of coffee I drink I should be faster than Usain Bolt!

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Caffine Gels - 15 mins from throat to legs

you'll bounce round

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I buy 100mg pills by the 100 for running, 200mg makes a big difference. (A strong coffee is about 300->400mg)

A rockstar drink is good with 150 mg, taurine in there as well.

Too much makes me really jittery.
    same here. Once I popped 2 of the coffee pills before working, and it made my fingers tingle and set me on the edge. One important thing is that coffee releases fats from the fat storage and burns them, but at the same time it raises cortisol levels, which gives you the feeling of being hungry. This can last up to a couple of hours, so the important thing is not to stuff yourselves after the exercise

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Daley Thomson interview - any tips for training - yes, have a nice strong coffee just before you set off, will work wonders.
    I have started having Luco Energy with Caff in when I play footy or golf and it makes a big difference.
    One word on tolerance tho - body gets used to the drug so most people having a coffee are only raising themselves back to a normal level not enhancing (it might feel like that but its not).
    So - for best results, skip the everyday coffee (or stick to one max) and give your body a chance to react when you do need a boost...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X