• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£600 for fecking tyres!"

Collapse

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    96.9 this a.m. might have gorn up by now though.
    Arf-arf.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    96.9 this a.m. might have gorn up by now though.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Luxury. The feckers I had to put on my BMW 750 were £299 each (plus VAT). I nearly fainted the first time I needed a new set.
    Feck me... that's more than I paid for the Volvo... and just for one...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    I paid 106.9 per litre for BP Ultimate the other day (Stow on the Wold).
    104.9 here

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Experts say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £1 a litre
    Good experts then. I paid 106.9 per litre for BP Ultimate the other day (Stow on the Wold).

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    Tyers for the Jag are about £110 each - and there is only one type that fit!!!
    Luxury. The feckers I had to put on my BMW 750 were £299 each (plus VAT). I nearly fainted the first time I needed a new set.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    http://www.etyres.co.uk/ straight to your door, cheaper than anything I have found

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Material World about tyres...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/...20060713.shtml

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Tyers for the Jag are about £110 each - and there is only one type that fit!!!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    So what colour would the 'green' tyres be?

Silly boy!
    The "Green" tyres would still be black...only they would be coloured black using a Carcinogenic Chemical Colourant tested on Rats, proven only to harm humans if taken over the recommended daily intake......

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Apparently the wunderkind in Brussels have come up with a bright idea:

Take the carbon black out of tyres coz it is alleged to be carcinogenic.

Result: instead of lasting 6 or 7 years, they'll now last about 2... and this is supposed to reduce the 100 million tyres a year that end up in landfill...
    So what colour would the 'green' tyres be?

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Ouch I paid £25 each for the goodyear ones on my rover 414! They were *new* not remoulds as well.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Experts say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £1 a litre
    Wow, now those are serious experts. I'm going to put my neck on the line and say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £2 a litre.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've never managed to make a tyre last more than a year.

Must be the 800bhp and lack of traction control in my Nissan Micra.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Apparently the wunderkind in Brussels have come up with a bright idea:

Take the carbon black out of tyres coz it is alleged to be carcinogenic.

Result: instead of lasting 6 or 7 years, they'll now last about 2... and this is supposed to reduce the 100 million tyres a year that end up in landfill...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X