• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "******* LinkedIn and endorsements!"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Have you got a criminal record?
    Does this count?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No skills, no friends, no career opportunities, does that mean I qualify as a recruitment agent?
    Have you got a criminal record?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sorry but no. You still have a personality. And ethics.
    One of those is debatable

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No skills, no friends, no career opportunities, does that mean I qualify as a recruitment agent?
    Sorry but no. You still have a personality. And ethics.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    As you haven't got any they are making them up for you

Leave a comment:

• insur
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I got endorsed by my just left uni daughter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    That almost made me laugh out loud in the office. Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    They could have picked something useful, rather than tape-changing

Milan's got that market sewn up

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    How can someone endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed
    quite easily, it's normally a prompt within linkedin and you can add a skill to someone's list.

I've turned off the endorsements so people can't see them on my profile.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    How can someone endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So you got endorsed for waffling?

Hang on - that is a skill you have. Maybe linbkedin knows you better than you think.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I got endorsed for a skill I didn't have and then got approached by a pp and offered a gig on the back of it. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    How can someone who you've never even met endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed
    It's the future.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I am a C++ programmer. Essentially it is all I have done, in terms of languages, for about 15 years. I have also done some personal projects in C#. No one else has ever really seen or used these programs.

Currently, I have more endorsements for C# than for C++.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    I'll admit yeah it does seem to be agents who randomly endorse anything, however as I am getting more leads from LinkedIn than more conventional sources its something I am gonna have to put up with more and more I guess
    Don't forget that an agent speaks to many number of candidates every day. If you spend 20 minutes explaining a concept or a skill to them and the next 30 candidates turn up like shaven apes unable to do much more than spell the skill on their CV then to the agent you have come across as knowing your skills well and worth an endorsement.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Then stop accepting invites from agents.

Nothing puts me off a profile faster seeing it listed with number of followers, 500+ gazillion
    I'll admit yeah it does seem to be agents who randomly endorse anything, however as I am getting more leads from LinkedIn than more conventional sources its something I am gonna have to put up with more and more I guess

Leave a comment:

Working...
X