• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: You gotta larf

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You gotta larf"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I get a deep sense of you being a gurning idiot that failed to grasp what is going on here.
    Oh I completely grasp what's going on:

1. 3 months into project - Check
    2. According to him Suity getting blamed when its not his fault - Check.

We can all guess the rest.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I worked once where you're working and they were a real ******* pain in the arse, well actually not so much the employees but the consultants brought in to do the project. I was working for a software company and we had sold them a product which someone had said could make the earth move for them but didn't actually and I ended up doing all the work on it because they (the external people) didn't have a clue. Good canteen though.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    We could have conceived on spacehopper day!
    How's your fatigue problem?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    :

Am loving the new Suity, Eipc win on German soil and epic win over old adversaries on CUK. Things could not get better for you anymore. The only thing that comes to my mind is if SY02 announces that SY08 will soon be coming.
    I think you've been watching a different match to the rest of us

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But suity's been in Germany for the last three months.
    Who say's it Suitys?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    We could have conceived on spacehopper day!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    :

Am loving the new Suity, Eipc win on German soil and epic win over old adversaries on CUK. Things could not get better for you anymore. The only thing that comes to my mind is if SY02 announces that SY08 will soon be coming.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I get a deep sense of you being a gurning idiot that failed to grasp what is going on here.
    :

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I just had a deep sense of deja vu, deja vu, deja vu

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I've no problem with that Dimbo.

You hire me to be a consultant and then treat my like a junior dev I think wayhay, less responsbility for the same money. Epic win.

You ignore all of my advice, then have a paddy when it all goes wrong and speak to me like I'm a 4 year old I will take it in my stride and keeep invoicing.
    I just had a deep sense of deja vu, deja vu, deja vu

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    When I'm done I will drive back, via a couple of overnight stays in Enchede, Amsterdam and Brugge.
    If it's going to break down three times on the way home you're probably better off buying a new one.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Though you drove in your vintage car?
    Every week?? Are you mad??

No, I drove here and use it as a shopping car.

When I'm done I will drive back, via a couple of overnight stays in Enchede, Amsterdam and Brugge.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I'm out to lunch on that one.

For example I fly here on a Monday and leave on a Friday. So that's 5 days per week. So it would take me longer than 6 months to breach 183 days.

So as not to chance it I have curtailed my stay here to 5 months and refused any further extensions.
    Though you drove in your vintage car?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Is it 183 days inc of exc part days? The Irish include part days so 2 mins on Irish soil is one of your 183.
    I'm out to lunch on that one.

For example I fly here on a Monday and leave on a Friday. So that's 5 days per week. So it would take me longer than 6 months to breach 183 days.

So as not to chance it I have curtailed my stay here to 5 months and refused any further extensions.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Is it 183 days inc of exc part days? The Irish include part days so 2 mins on Irish soil is one of your 183.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X