• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trenton Oldfield on Newsnight"

Collapse

• zoco
    replied
    I had fifty quid on Oxford. Kick the fecker out

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    One of my aquaintences was in crown court today, is there any way I can find out what happened? (Other than asking him, obviously).
    Which crown court?

CourtServe Information Centre

shows the listings/people for the current day and the following day for each court. Though it does not tell you the results.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    One of my aquaintences was in crown court today, is there any way I can find out what happened? (Other than asking him, obviously).

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    No great loss - anyhowthe Boat Race is fixed, the same two teams reach the final every year.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    But who would server the beers in the dystopian world?
    Poles.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Surely that could be applied to ALL Australians?

But who would server the beers in the dystopian world?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Sympathizing

For a minute I thought they might be running a spelling course in the court.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Watching trials in crown and magistrates courts is one of my hobbies when I can get days off work.

In fact I secretly yearn to be the one on trial. Giving it large to the barrister under cross examination. As long as I get found not guilty of course
    Ian Brady's rambling evidence baffles mental-health tribunal - Manchester Evening News

At one point after another monologue his voice trailed off, lost in his own thoughts the words stopped abruptly - what was the question again, he asked.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What were you doing at his trial?
    Watching trials in crown and magistrates courts is one of my hobbies when I can get days off work.

In fact I secretly yearn to be the one on trial. Giving it large to the barrister under cross examination. As long as I get found not guilty of course

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Sympathizing
    Almost, but not quite.
    I said to him that his stunt was impressive and quite amusing. Sticking it to the pompous oafs at Oxford and Cambridge where I was once a student.
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 26 June 2013, 08:51.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Sympathizing

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I was at his trial at Isleworth crown court last year. Spoke to him. Nice guy.
    Shook his hand..

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The Home Office has said his presence in the UK is "not conducive to the public good".

Surely that could be applied to ALL Australians?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I was at his trial at Isleworth crown court last year. Spoke to him. Nice guy.
    Shook his hand..

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    started a topic Trenton Oldfield on Newsnight

Trenton Oldfield on Newsnight

Anyone see him on this tonight?
    What a tosser.
    You can tell he's a major tosser because he wears a shirt without a tie but with the top button fastened. Obvious sign.

Working...
X