• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phew! What a scorcher!"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    I have spent most of this summer chasing a farken cricket ball around the field! What a waste of beautiful weather!
    Me too. Who do you play for?

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Edinburgh has it's own Damart Thermal Underwear shop

Haven't seen any blokes in a kilt for a while... but thankfully lots of absolute babes in short skirts, low cut tops and suntans - you know the women, the ones that hide somewhere magical until the sun comes out, then suddently everywhere you look, there's a stunner.

Festival time is approaching.. yum!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by cameraman
    There is a shortage of fans in the shops... reminds me of the summer of notsolongago when there was a shortage of fans in the shops. Did everyone throw them away since then?
    No, so I currently have an absolutely filthy, cobweb covered one blasting ming all over the lounge.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    I was enjoying the sauna at work. Then some numpty bint discovered the air-con was set to maximum heat. Now it's cool. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• cameraman
    replied
    There is a shortage of fans in the shops... reminds me of the summer of notsolongago when there was a shortage of fans in the shops. Did everyone throw them away since then?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I'm just off outside to turn my sprinkler off. It's been on for over an hour now.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Cheap air con!

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113283/

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    LB - Lemonade - although I try to avoid the stuff with Sodium Benzoate and Saccharin because it tastes quite ghastly.

Not tried it with Ginger but I noticed the other day Pimms #3 Winter. I guess the traditional brand has diversified?

Mrs Goof - Sadly, I have to leave a little in the bottle otherwise the trouble 'n' strife will get quite arsy to the fact that I've downed a bottle of Pimms while relaxing in the garden and at the same time kicking her redecorating budget into touch.

Even the fecking cleaner has given me a dirty look because I've had another one...

oh well, doghouse, here we come...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today. Beautiful...

Now sadly I've got to do some work... blo0dy clients...
    Are you a ginger ale or lemonade man, hyperD?

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today.
    ahhh! good boy. Hope you finished the bottle. it's only fair

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    The difference between us and the costas is that they have wall to wall sunshine for 4 or 5 months a year - I believe it is called summer. We are momentarily plunged into hell and then it's back to drizzle and woolly jumpers
    Not sure where you live but where i am we dream of drizzle

Seems like we've only had about 2 inches of rain in two years

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I have spent most of this summer chasing a farken cricket ball around the field! What a waste of beautiful weather!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    They will have penty of water and air-conditioned homes. We will not.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    The difference between us and the costas is that they have wall to wall sunshine for 4 or 5 months a year - I believe it is called summer. We are momentarily plunged into hell and then it's back to drizzle and woolly jumpers

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today. Beautiful...

Now sadly I've got to do some work... blo0dy clients...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X