• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is there anything wrong with bungalows?"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mickey View Post
    There must be a reason why bungalows sell at a discount to similarly sized houses.

Anyone care to share their opinion?

Thanks.
    The very word bungalow screams "pensioner". I'd never buy one, even if I lived to be 100.

But a lot of old people actually prefer them, obviously on account of not having to walk up and down stairs and less maintenance and heating.

Believe it or not in some "elephants graveyard" areas, like many seaside towns, they're more saleable than houses.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I perceive bungalows to sell at a premium as they tend to be on larger plots of land

Cons
    A lot smell of wee
    I was going to post that they smell of sugar puffs ..... great minds eh?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    There must be a reason why bungalows sell at a discount to similarly sized houses.

Thanks.
    Yes. It's called having an upstairs.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post

Cons
    A lot smell of wee

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I perceive bungalows to sell at a premium as they tend to be on larger plots of land

Pros
    Low maintenance
    Lower running costs
    No stairs to climb in your dotage

Cons
    A lot smell of wee
    Less storage space
    Nowhere to hide from the missus so needs a decent shed in the garden
    Décor tends to be chintzy

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied

Thanks.
    Eh!? Im not aware of any bungalow, room for room equivalent to a house selling at a discount unless its a wreck. Bungalows normally go for a premium over houses because they cover a larger plot of land.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Owning a slinky is a lot less fun in a bungalow.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Less living space for the same size of plot? No possibility of a loft conversion?

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    started a topic Is there anything wrong with bungalows?

Is there anything wrong with bungalows?

Thanks.

Working...
X