• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All is well on planet Hays"

Collapse

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. URL]
    usual propagandist outsourcing lobby.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    All is well on planet Hays

Went to a very interesting forum on Supply Chain / Procurement in respect of Recruitment Services. The Professor who spoke, Michael Lewis (Superb) basically said that successful companies do a 'bait and switch' when their up front margins get nailed, they find ways to make money through the deals elsewhere.

As Dodgy Agent stated, the competition in the RPO space has driven margins down, but also quality.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. Or is it that their margins are greater on Bobs?

We're all rich!
    Its bollocks, isnt it? I mean I cant remember the last time Hays phoned me. Must be years ago. Im convinced the lack of agency calls is in part due to them selling their own 'contractor with permie benefits' model, talking up a skills shortage to get more bobs in and talking down contractor rates forcing more contractors to go permie.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    I've not had to apply for contracts for the past 3 years, I've just been using very niche skillsets.

I expect it's people with generic skills that are suffering due to the number of permies loosing their jobs and trying contracting for the first time

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The big agencies and the RPO companies have removed the "profit" from agency placements and tied up prefferred supplier arrangements that no one is using any resource to find skilled IT people.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My jobserve alchemy has been on overdrive this week, at least 10 a day.

Rates seem to be going up a bit in infrastructure/support at least, there must be a lot of churn due to people moving about after years in the doldrums.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    started a topic All is well on planet Hays

All is well on planet Hays

Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. Or is it that their margins are greater on Bobs?

We're all rich!

Working...
X