• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which country would you have a make believe job in?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There's a chap called Dario Benuzzi who lives in Modena and he has probably the best job in the world. I would happily swap both job and place of residence with him.

Dario Benuzzi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Southern Germany, Switzerland or the south of France.

I am lucky enough to have worked in two of the three as well

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Not having spent too much time on this, I think, for me, America would be too obvious, and as I love France, I think I'd go somewhere like Nice.

Any others?
    La-La land.

Or if I did move to America, it would be to live in the State of Euphoria.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Iceland, snapping pictures of supermodels in bikinis all day long.

It's quite cold in that part of the world

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I'm with the OP - 3km east of Nice, in Villefranche sur Mer. That way, if I needed to come to the Smoke, it would be a quick flight in...

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    I guess I am getting old as I have worked in all the countries mentioned so far...

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'd operate at £1000/day from my Surrey mansion.

HTH BIDI
    Ah, I guess in town, but not too close, somewhere like Clapham, or Wandsworth maybe? Yes, I can see someone doing this.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'd operate at £1000/day from my Surrey mansion.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'd plump for a private income rather than a job.
    I already own company that provides me a very nice income through dividend payments.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Italy for me - maybe Lucca or Bologna. Or perhaps Malaysia. But if I was going to go to the trouble of make believe, I'd plump for a private income rather than a job.
    Ah, like sas. Gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Not having spent too much time on this, I think, for me, America would be too obvious, and as I love France, I think I'd go somewhere like Nice.

Any others?
    Italy for me - maybe Lucca or Bologna. Or perhaps Malaysia. But if I was going to go to the trouble of make believe, I'd plump for a private income rather than a job.

Leave a comment:

• Which country would you have a make believe job in?

Any others?

Working...
X