• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Natwest Three/Enron Case get stranger..."

Collapse

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    But I remembered a voice from the past;
    "Gambling only pays when you're winning."
    Best not to gamble on-line though. If any of your packets pass through the US that is wire fraud and you could be extradited post haste.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    you are wasted on this place, Orwell, Python and where is the other quote from? Communist Russia, Nazi Germany, NL Britain?
    Search me Guv, all I know is that ..

...when the Sun beats down and I lie on the bench
    I can always hear them talk

Me, Im just a Lawnmower
    You can tell by the way I walk ...

then I thought Im wasting time;

there's a future for Alf in the fire escape trade.

Come up to town!"

But I remembered a voice from the past;
    "Gambling only pays when you're winning."

- I had to thank old Miss Mort for schooling a failure.
    Keep them mowing blades sharp . . .
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 July 2006, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Alf

you are wasted on this place, Orwell, Python and where is the other quote from? Communist Russia, Nazi Germany, NL Britain?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Quite right, Alf. After all, if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.
    Aye LB

That said sometimes I worry that I might have done something wrong unwittlingly, what with the never ending churn of legislation from the Minstry of Informatics these days its hard to really keep on top of things.

Not that Im complaining mind !!

Somebody was having a bit of a scene at the post office yeserday because the clerk wouldnt issue him a Cat License on the grounds that it wasnt yet an official requirement, poor chap was convinced he must have one, or he could face serious trouble from the ministry of Freedom.

Maybe you cant be too carefull these days but I think he was over reacting.

I think there is a saying in German that everybody has one foot in prison.

Time Will Tell.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 July 2006, 11:50.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Thats why I happily handed over my passport to the chap at the Ministry of Freedom yesterday and I would advise everybody else to consider dioing the same, that way I cant get nicked for crimes abroad as I cant leave the country.

Safe.

Ive got to pop back for what they called a GAT ie General Attitude Test next week , the chap said its just a formality.

No Worries.

We cant be too careful these days .
    Quite right, Alf. After all, if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    How many electrodes used in a GAT ?
    No idea, but I can tell you whatever the Government thinks is good then thats good for me.

And if that means an Iron Coffin I will be first to cheerfully throw myself onto its spikes.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    How many electrodes used in a GAT ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    You may be alarmed to know then that the criminal justice bill before last introduced exactly the same legislation to the UK. You can be tried in the UK for doing something abroad that is perfectly legal where you are, but which is illegal in the UK.

Thats why I happily handed over my passport to the chap at the Ministry of Freedom yesterday and I would advise everybody else to consider dioing the same, that way I cant get nicked for crimes abroad as I cant leave the country.

Safe.

Ive got to pop back for what they called a GAT ie General Attitude Test next week , the chap said its just a formality.

No Worries.

We cant be too careful these days .
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 July 2006, 11:13.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    On a related note - why has that fella David Carruthers been arrested in the States? I read in the paper that his offence is 'committing an offence outside the USA which would be an offence if carried out in the USA'.

Surely that cannot be correct.
    You may be alarmed to know then that the criminal justice bill before last introduced exactly the same legislation to the UK. You can be tried in the UK for doing something abroad that is perfectly legal where you are, but which is illegal in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    You are probably right Snaw

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I don't think anyone will ever know, but I doubt anyone but your mum will ever care either.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    So you dont know Snaw?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Apparently the dabate his merely skipped off the thikness of your skull Now come on...what other legislation could they have used to get these white collar criminal yobs out of the country?

I know, its a problem because you dont have a clue do you nancy?

Mailman
    They gave you another leave pass I assume ...

Leave a comment:

• NickIT
    replied
    The problem is that he lives in Costa Rico and he was nabbed on route from London to Costa Rica at Dallas...

http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds...fx2883564.html

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    On a related note - why has that fella David Carruthers been arrested in the States? I read in the paper that his offence is 'committing an offence outside the USA which would be an offence if carried out in the USA'.

Surely that cannot be correct. Any thoughts amongst the highly intelligent on this board?

Do you have the link for that article, I find it hard to believe but then again nothing much surprises myself these days.

I will catch your reply later apparently just had a bell from some chap at the local Ministy of Truth, or was it the Ministry of Freedom ?

I dont know about you , it gets hard to keep track these days, what with this never ending paperwork and appointments at these Ministries, mind you Im not complaining , its my fault really, theyre just doing their job and they cant be too careful these days, I should really try harder I know,

Aat any rate he wants a quick chat at the Ministry of Thingy, well I have to bring along my Passport, musnt forget that !

Should just be a formality.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 July 2006, 12:45.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X