• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wheres Suityou01?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wheres Suityou01?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I would assume someone with Suity's rep as a cocksman will be heading to Hamburg at the weekend to spend some euros on cheap Eastern European poontang ??
    I'm useless at card games

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Just for you:

How apt

Agent Adebayor your work is done

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Its all gone quiet in Bielefeld as the Spurs game (against Basel) is live on free to air German TV and the score line, along with the flow of play is not flattering to them...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I would assume someone with Suity's rep as a cocksman will be heading to Hamburg at the weekend to spend some euros on cheap Eastern European poontang ??

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    whs++;

However Sophia Antipolis was cool as I was minted
    Worked there as well and you needed to be minted

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Not as bad as it used to be, shops where I lived closed at 14:00 on Saturday
    Used to love working in Germany.
    Not been there for a while.
    Does this mean every Saturday is lang samstag ?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Of all the countries I've worked in Germany and Holland were the friendliest.
    whs++;

However Sophia Antipolis was cool as I was minted

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'll work it if I can, if they'll let me.

If not then you've got yourself a date my friend
    You might be on, I'm only down the road from you. Will PM later...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Should have told us you were going through the Belgiumland. Wonderful cities, great food, amusingly eccentric people, tulip roads.

I once destroyed the suspension of a rather nice Alfa on the motorway from Brussels to Spa. Hit a pothole at 130 kmh and it was never the same again.
    Did a couple of years there and quite enjoyed it. Once you get used to their driving. The French have a saying - as safe as a Belgian pavement.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I learned in Antwerp that satnav s and road signs are equally useless. I ended up doing 50mph the wrong way down a tram way on a head on collision with an oncoming tram, and was forced to leave the tram way once I figured out what was going on. The exit from the tram way was a kerb, and long grass verge. It was like playing driver on the Playstation.

No doubt I'll get my letter from Interpol

Once leaving Belgium the satnav and roads became much much easier.

Alles in ordnung, am mein apartment im Bielesfeld. :kisses:
    Should have told us you were going through the Belgiumland. Wonderful cities, great food, amusingly eccentric people, tulip roads.

I once destroyed the suspension of a rather nice Alfa on the motorway from Brussels to Spa. Hit a pothole at 130 kmh and it was never the same again.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Germany; agreed.
    Holland; not so.
    Denmark was a good laugh.
    I got deported from Denmark, had a great time there though

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Germany; agreed.
    Holland; not so.
    Denmark was a good laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Evening Suity.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    He he hello Suity! I'm in Frankfurt atm but home tomorrow!

The Germans are such nice people, and so polite. Not at all like home.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Any other Brits working there?

When I did my first contract in Europe there were a few others around who really helped me find my feet - pubs, restaurants, laundry (till I got a flat), transport (I was getting taxis everywhere at first). Before long I felt right at home. They mostly went home weekends but I stayed to do a bit of tourist stuff and get to know the city I was working in - a map and just walk everywhere around the centre is the way to do it.

Get one city under yer belt the rest comes easy although I was used to travelling it's different being away from home for work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X