• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "attracting more females into IT"

Collapse

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Plenty of gorgeous women in IT in Denmark. It is true that some companies don't have many or any women, but that sort of firm is usually best avoided anyways (if they're misogynist they're generally racist too etc. etc..)
    by the sounds of that's the kind of place most people on here work!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    OI!!!!!
    If that upsets you, wait till you see what I said about a picture posted by Lucifer.

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    That looks more like the typical woman in IT to me.
    OI!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Plenty of gorgeous women in IT in Denmark. It is true that some companies don't have many or any women, but that sort of firm is usually best avoided anyways (if they're misogynist they're generally racist too etc. etc..)

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Why are most wemon in IT so bitchy and power hungry?

Every time I arrive to fix a female sys admins printer, server, desktop, she always starts grinning, as if saying, go get your hands cut, while I swing my mouse around and gossip with my friends.

Never get any thanks, tea or coffee. Just the "why is it taking so long." Next time I get this at the end of a contract, will just ask her to replace the system board and backbone herself, while I fix her users folder permissions and chit chat with them.

Look forward so much to when I'm older and will give them an hour to close or filter every port on their network and deduct their pay for every spam email on exchange server.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    They all look a bit rough to me....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Rather worryingly, my other half is a curious hybrid (personality-wise) between the irish chap and the geek with the glasses.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I have a "thing" for Jen as well.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    I will forever be in lurve with Jen from the Channel 4 series "The IT Crowd"
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    It

IT is a reserved territory of macho men

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    http://www.itgoddess.info/

And they're all Aussies it seems
    I don't know how Megyn can be an IT contractor - how can she use a keyboard with an Abu Hamza-styled hook?

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    And the ability to nonchalantly pick your nose while talking to a client and then eating the resulting bounty without batting an eyelid.
    I have to agree with that one.

8. The ability when attending a meeting, to accept that the majority of the male attendants are staring at your tits and not listening to a word you say

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    The reason there are not that many women in technical IT (apart from a few exceptions) is that the skills required are mainly male traits: logic, drive, focus on results.
    And the ability to nonchalantly pick your nose while talking to a client and then eating the resulting bounty without batting an eyelid.

Leave a comment:

• The_Gimp
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    The reason there are not that many women in technical IT (apart from a few exceptions) is that the skills required are mainly male traits: logic, drive, focus on results.
    The mans right.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X