• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long is your CV?"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What about those of us who don't use jobswerve!
    Er, then you cant use it.

But, you only have to register and load your cv and much as I hate JS, I'd think it slightly more professional than using dropbox or similar.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Jobswerve already has similar functionality. (And Im not talking their 'profile' monstrosity either!)
    What about those of us who don't use jobswerve!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    CV tip!

Everyone has access to email these day's, not everyone uses a computer for this, I found out while in Spain that I couldn't send my CV to a pimp who got in touch blind.

Solution?

Stick it online in something like dropbox and send it as a link to who ever ask's for it, you could be really clever and get a static link from bit.ly which will have analysis about who is downloading it.
    Jobswerve already has similar functionality. (And Im not talking their 'profile' monstrosity either!)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My 6 page monstrosity has got me a telephone interview for a gig in Germany at 10am tomorrow.
    I passed on a gig in Munich as my last one came to an end, really regret it as looking at the exchange rate now as it was paying in €'s

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    CV tip!

Everyone has access to email these day's, not everyone uses a computer for this, I found out while in Spain that I couldn't send my CV to a pimp who got in touch blind.

Solution?

Stick it online in something like dropbox and send it as a link to who ever ask's for it, you could be really clever and get a static link from bit.ly which will have analysis about who is downloading it.
    I like the idea of a bit.ly link - CV is already on dropbox, but I never send out a shared link for some reason. Might look into that.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Mine is written with a Mont Blanc fountain pen using J. Herbin ink (either Bleu Myosotis or Bleu Nuit), in cursive naturally, on a Clairefontaine linen based 24g paper. It does run to a few pages but people do appreciate the personal touch.
    Ah yes, the Clairefontaine does have a good tooth.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    My 6 page monstrosity has got me a telephone interview for a gig in Germany at 10am tomorrow.
    I hope its not the one doing the rounds on my floor at the moment :-)

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    CV tip!

Solution?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Problem with fine tuning your CV so it fits perfectly on X number of pages, you forget to take in account the pimip will rip off your details and insert their details which will ruin the look!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I used to use Arial 10. But, I found the cv was going over 3 pages even with 4 bullet pointed sentences for the last 3 jobs.

Changing it to Arial 9 looked too small. By chance I came across Calibri 9 which looked as big as Arial 10 yet returned my cv to 3 pages.

Sorted.
    Same as me - redid it over the weekend using Calibri 9 - exactly three pages but no fluff at all. Might go up a font size depending on feedback but early days yet.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mine is written with a Mont Blanc fountain pen using J. Herbin ink (either Bleu Myosotis or Bleu Nuit), in cursive naturally, on a Clairefontaine linen based 24g paper. It does run to a few pages but people do appreciate the personal touch.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Damn.

I knew I'd forgotten to do sommat over the weekend.
    I know.

Those bodies of dead hookers don't bury themselves.

Leave a comment:

• LordF
    replied
    How Long

4 pages

Leave a comment:

Working...
X