• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Isn't everything awful?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I thought cribbage.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Culinary Mahjong perhaps?
    I thought cribbage.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That looks like a really complicated futeristic version of dominoes.
    Culinary Mahjong perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You are, of course once again, right d000hg. Black pudding is the way to go!

Here's my version of seared scallops in beurre noisette, with creamed sweet pea shoots, black pudding and homemade cured bacon.
    That looks like a really complicated futeristic version of dominoes.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    That does look truly beautiful.

I'm crap at cooking, but even more crap at presentation. My tuna mornay is very tasty, but does look like vomit.
    Similarly my butternut squash risotto could easily be second hand.
    Thank you!

Well any homemade food potentially is better than ready made meals etc

The presentation side of it just brings out the inner artist in me. The real trick is to do to that for 8 covers, that's what I'm working on.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    That does look truly beautiful.

I'm crap at cooking, but even more crap at presentation. My tuna mornay is very tasty, but does look like vomit.
    Similarly my butternut squash risotto could easily be second hand.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Is it morse code? What a way to propose to gf#1 (or gf#2..n)
    It looks like a row of kiwi birds. with a turd behind and a bit of snot in front

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

Thanks mudskipper, GF#1 approved and wants some!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Here's my version of seared scallops in beurre noisette, with creamed sweet pea shoots, black pudding and homemade cured bacon.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you're eating white pudding I don't think you can have any right to turn your nose up at anything

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Some things are awful

some are normal

some are fckng excellent.

awful things -
    my sister in law, aged 50 was diagnosed with a brain tumour. she will be dead before i go on my next holiday.
    my grandson stole his sisters mobblie and ran up a 1700 quid debt. so next time i see him i will have to bitch-slap him. because it's not right to punch a 17 year old.

normal things -
    contract is going well. i worked 7 months with 1 day off, leading to 30k pure profit. in the bank. now.
    missus has slipped nicely into semi retirement. making brilliant hungry caterpiller quilts and knitting
    toffee popcorn becoming a legend. produced 3 litres today. with a honey tang.

excellent things -
    missus EO became a granny again 5 days ago
    Aussie Pink Flloyd were brilliant
    Zippy still fancies me
    going to SA and Botswana in a few months

Good perspective. Although I did wonder how you knit toffee popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Some things are awful

some are normal

some are fckng excellent.

awful things -
    my sister in law, aged 50 was diagnosed with a brain tumour. she will be dead before i go on my next holiday.
    my grandson stole his sisters mobblie and ran up a 1700 quid debt. so next time i see him i will have to bitch-slap him. because it's not right to punch a 17 year old.

normal things -
    contract is going well. i worked 7 months with 1 day off, leading to 30k pure profit. in the bank. now.
    missus has slipped nicely into semi retirement. making brilliant hungry caterpiller quilts and knitting
    toffee popcorn becoming a legend. produced 3 litres today. with a honey tang.

excellent things -
    missus EO became a granny again 5 days ago
    Aussie Pink Flloyd were brilliant
    Zippy still fancies me
    going to SA and Botswana in a few months

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Porcini and crimini, fried briefly in very good olive oil with garlic and fresh parsley, sprinkle over some parmesan cheese, and wash down with this;

ANTONELLI SAN MARCO

Not awful at all.

Bach's Mattäus Passion's not awful either.
    Top one Mich, you gourmet bastard!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Porcini and crimini, fried briefly in very good olive oil with garlic and fresh parsley, sprinkle over some parmesan cheese, and wash down with this;

http://www.antonellisanmarco.it/web/...so_riserva.htm

Not awful at all.

Bach's Mattäus Passion's not awful either.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    People with first world problems, eh?
    I'd rather have ennui and boredom than famine, poverty and civil war.
    Quite. We can not only feel miserable, but feel guilty about feeling miserable too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X