• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I am Jabba the Hut

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I am Jabba the Hut"

Collapse

• adubya
    replied
    I think he meant pies eaten

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I am Jabba the Hut

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I must have destroyed about 5000 calories today.
    What a wank that was!!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Diet and exercise, it's the only way. Do it seriously for a bit then diet during the week and eat what you like at weekends. Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I must have destroyed about 5000 calories today.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Jeez, how frickin hard is it to lose weight? Just drink less - it ain't rocket science.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Duh! We know that.

Food is not the problem. It's the gallons of beer and wine

Talking of which, early doors at my local
    This is true. Do you think 25% of your daily calorie allowance from alcohol sounds reasonable?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Jeez, how frickin hard is it to lose weight? Just eat less - it ain't rocket science.
    Duh! We know that.

Food is not the problem. It's the gallons of beer and wine

Talking of which, early doors at my local

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Jeez, how frickin hard is it to lose weight? Just eat less - it ain't rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Last time I was in hospital, in the mid 60s to have a third set of front teeth removed, the surgeon had a bowler hat and a pocket watch on a gold chain in his striped waistcoat. So I wouldn't say I've been much of a burden on the NHS.
    Last (only) time I was in there I had a go on nearly every diagnostic machine they had. Must have cost a fortune

I was inside IR35 for a few years though so they still owe me new hips when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Last time I was in hospital, in the mid 60s to have a third set of front teeth removed, the surgeon had a bowler hat and a pocket watch on a gold chain in his striped waistcoat. So I wouldn't say I've been much of a burden on the NHS.
    Mind you, I wouldn't say you were that portly IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Given how much more looking after your portly frame costs I'd count yourself lucky to be paying the same. I'm subsidising your pie habit I am.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    My BMI is 30 so borderline overweight/obese but BUPA accepted me without a qualm cost is £75 a month ish and I specifically told them I smoke and need cover for heart attacks. Ah ha they said, you need this plan ....

Anyway I'm trying to quit smoking AGAIN at the moment ... "You've now been a non-smoker for 4 days 11 hours and 28 minutes"

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I am Jabba the Hut

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Pie no. Kebab yes. Last kebab ever tonight!
    No now! Or you'll be saying 'last one' for ever.

Kebab-ogolic!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Given how much more looking after your portly frame costs I'd count yourself lucky to be paying the same. I'm subsidising your pie habit I am.
    Pie no. Kebab yes. Last kebab ever tonight!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Neg rep duly left for this tedious sockie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X