• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dolly Parton

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dolly Parton"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    I always thought Jolene was her best song. 9 to 5 is pretty good too, and not a bad film either.

I can't imagine wanting to go to Dollywood though.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Brilliant song, but unfortunately now I always think of the Petite 990 advert

Is that suity working out how to fix a tnsnames.ora file.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    She pretened to play the piano for a bit, you know when you go to Ikea and they have fake xboxes and fake TVs, well this thing was worse, looked like it had been knocked up by the thickest guy in woodwork.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    9 to 5,
    Brilliant song, but unfortunately now I always think of the Petite 990 advert

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    9 to 5, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (I Will Always Love You featured in this, and was much better than the Whitney version)
    That's it!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    She has more talent than the size of her norks, she even got into acting briefly if I remember it.
    9 to 5, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (I Will Always Love You featured in this, and was much better than the Whitney version)

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yep, she made it in what was definitely a man's world - I'd say despite of, rather than because of, the norks.
    She has more talent than the size of her norks, she even got into acting briefly if I remember it.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yep, she made it in what was definitely a man's world - I'd say despite of, rather than because of, the norks.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Could never figure out how she could play guitar given the length of her nails

A good turn though and wrote some good songs some of which made the careers of other singers.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I love Dolly Parton - "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I do like the way she told Tom Parker to get lost when he 'offered' to let Elvis sing 'I will always love you' for half the rights. Watched a program with her last year where she said she could buy Graceland for what she made off the Whitney cover version. Touche.

Still, I expected more from her, lip synch through a gig is not on.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Hell yeah! got to give the woman credit, she knows how to make things work!
    Like Katie Price.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    An incredibly successful businesswoman who took control of her own destiny in a very male dominated industry. Not to mention a very talented songwriter. May be she should be the Contractor UK mascot!
    Hell yeah! got to give the woman credit, she knows how to make things work!

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    An incredibly successful businesswoman who took control of her own destiny in a very male dominated industry. Not to mention a very talented songwriter. May be she should be the Contractor UK mascot!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I still don't know why the gig was televised on BBC Alba.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X