• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Europe

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Europe"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by formant View Post
    Ms. Formant (now back at her laptop) has decided that the NHS thread is marginally more interesting than this one. She may return to respond to your paranoia at some point. Or not. We'll see. Feel free to interpret that as 'giving up'. She may have re-read this thread and realised that you and DA aren't worth bothering with. You're clearly beyond convinced of your German superstate conspiracy theory. Who's to argue with that?
    Well maybe you can try and string some sort of reasoned argument attached to evidence that will persuade us otherwise. Or will it be the usual soundbites, cliches and weasel words?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ms. Formant (now back at her laptop) has decided that the NHS thread is marginally more interesting than this one. She may return to respond to your paranoia at some point. Or not. We'll see. Feel free to interpret that as 'giving up'. She may have re-read this thread and realised that you and DA aren't worth bothering with. You're clearly beyond convinced of your German superstate conspiracy theory. Who's to argue with that?
    Where have I even mentioned a conspiracy?
    I think you find it hard to acknowledge the fact that Germany is de-facto running the PIIGS.
    You don't like this.
    There is a cognitive disssonance between your beliefs and reality.
    You could always point out to me how Germany is NOT running the PIIGS, if you think I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Anyway I notice that Ms. Formant has not come back to this thread, probably because the fact that Germany is now running Europe, by calculation or not, is the reality of the situation, not some paranoid fantasy.
    The German central bank now takes the economic decisions for a swathe of Mediterranean countries, whether they like it or not.
    The Hobson's choice they have is to leave the Euro, which isn't a choice for most of them.
    Most of these countries don't have strong democratic traditions anway [edit: Ok in recent times for Greece]: Spain, Greece and Portugal were run by dictators till the 70s, Mussolini is still revered in Northern Italy. So maybe they don't mind being ruled by Germany
    Last edited by sasguru; 7 February 2013, 15:13.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    love ya really!

Dont worry OPM for a nice little backhander I will let you through the pearly gates

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    love ya really!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    from an agent??

really!!

pull the other one it has bells on it!

Hard to believe I know, but there are a few saints amongst us

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am not being two faced at all. i am trying to be objective and see beyond personal interest.
    from an agent??

really!!

pull the other one it has bells on it!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
    OK i am not sure about the water. Dodgy if you are really an agent you are being two faced . For you joining new EU countries means more cheap folk to prey on and exploit. Having spoken to thousands of agents all they care about is 1. candidate has the right to work. 2 candidate can talk and have the required experience.
    I am not being two faced at all. i am trying to be objective and see beyond personal interest.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So Orwell got it right with 1984. As for water I am already saving and reprocessing my p*ss
    OK i am not sure about the water. Dodgy if you are really an agent you are being two faced . For you joining new EU countries means more cheap folk to prey on and exploit. Having spoken to thousands of agents all they care about is 1. candidate has the right to work. 2 candidate can talk and have the required experience.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
    The people who make these decisions think in terms of China / Russia / India / US / EU / ( in that order ) as the superpowers of the very near future and the whole point of the EU expansion is a power grab ( away from Russia ) to strengthen the EU.

The less average brains in terms of world-wide politics cannot comprehend that there is no longer independence in the world. What you perceive as independence is down-sizing in a world where big-fish eats small fish.

To put everything else aside, water alone will be probably 50 % of your income in the UK in 20 years time.
    So Orwell got it right with 1984. As for water I am already saving and reprocessing my p*ss

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    The people who make these decisions think in terms of China / Russia / India / US / EU / ( in that order ) as the superpowers of the very near future and the whole point of the EU expansion is a power grab ( away from Russia ) to strengthen the EU.

The less average brains in terms of world-wide politics cannot comprehend that there is no longer independence in the world. What you perceive as independence is down-sizing in a world where big-fish eats small fish.

To put everything else aside, water alone will be probably 50 % of your income in the UK in 20 years time.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Referring to oneself in the 3rd person, the use of quotes to denigrate.
    You can take the German out of Germany* but ....

*I know more about Germany than most English people, I have in-laws there.
    You are Nigel Farrage (*) and I claim my €5 :-)

(* for those who don't know: In 1999 he married Kirsten Mehr, a German national

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Formant will respond to your "arguments" when Formant returns to her computer, as she cannot be bothered typing at length on her mobile.
    Referring to oneself in the 3rd person, the use of quotes to denigrate.
    You can take the German out of Germany* but ....

*I know more about Germany than most English people, I have in-laws there.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I have been living and working in the UK for the past 8 years and have no intention to 'go and live there' - wherever 'there' is.

I may even pay for citizenship at some point so that I get to vote here, too. Boohoo.

Oh, and I don't think that referendum is actually going to happen. But feel free to hold your breath.
    Why are you so emotionally in favour of the UK integrating closely with the rest of the EU?

Or even the EU integrating more closely within itself?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X