• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is anybody else sick to death"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    I rest my case

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    will carling

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    tits or rugby or something?

Err, surely twats and rugby?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    Disagree on the concept of reverse racism.

There are no quantitative conditions or connatations that define an action as racist.

A racist action is an action motivated by the the race of the recipient or the association of a particular race to any object.

If you want to split hairs a reverse racist action would be an action that is not motivated by race.

Reverse racism is understood, in the modern context as asian/black on white violence, but IMHO it is essentially an incorrect definition.
    I'm getting lost with all these fancy words, can't we talk about tits or rugby or something?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Secular humanist

Fsck off, Hitler was a christian, he had god on his side, remember....

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Hitler

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Right, you can rise above the half baked rubbish served out by the "Disgusted of tumbridge wells" media despite most of this thread resembling exactly that.

However, the rest of us mere morals are so easily swayed by the communist BBC?

Are you trying to tell me now racism does not exist?
    You are joking, right?

I guess Hitler wasn't a racist, yeah thinking about it, maybe I'm being self referential?
    No Hitler was a secular humanist.....

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    To themonkey

Disagree on the concept of reverse racism.

There are no quantitative conditions or connatations that define an action as racist.

A racist action is an action motivated by the the race of the recipient or the association of a particular race to any object.

If you want to split hairs a reverse racist action would be an action that is not motivated by race.

Reverse racism is understood, in the modern context as asian/black on white violence, but IMHO it is essentially an incorrect definition.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    No propoganda - self "derived" knowledge.

That is the precise problem with racism - it's a self-referential accusation. Ultimately to acknowledge it's existence is to be a racist yourself.
    Right, you can rise above the half baked rubbish served out by the "Disgusted of tumbridge wells" media despite most of this thread resembling exactly that.

However, the rest of us mere morals are so easily swayed by the communist BBC?

Are you trying to tell me now racism does not exist?
    You are joking, right?

I guess Hitler wasn't a racist, yeah thinking about it, maybe I'm being self referential?

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    "That is the BBC's biasing playing with your mind."

Hang on- the BBC is bias for not describing other types of racism as racism.
    But is also bias when it does.

Where are you getting this propaganda from?
    No propoganda - self "derived" knowledge.

That is the precise problem with racism - it's a self-referential accusation. Ultimately to acknowledge it's existence is to be a racist yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    I presume your skin is white. You are therefore by definition, racist.
    I have a strong suspicion that you're sexist too (male) and probably homophobic (straight).
    Aren't you just ashamed of yourself?
    I am white, well tanned as I have just been to Egypt. I have a white a*se though and black balls (long story), but I don't regard myself as racist. I think I am probably sexist, but you can blame women for that, if they weren't so useless at stuff like work and driving and computer games then I might be a bit more tolerant. Homophobic? I saw Brokeback Mountain twice and thought of Heath Ledger once when I was in the shower at the gym so I think that clears me on that charge.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    "That is the BBC's biasing playing with your mind."

Hang on- the BBC is bias for not describing other types of racism as racism.
    But is also bias when it does.

Where are you getting this propaganda from?

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    That's not true is it. Was a case only a few night ago of some asians who had killed a white bloke, it was described by the BBC as a 'racist killing'

The trouble in Birmingham between Blacks and Asains was described as 'racially motivated'.
    That is the BBC's biasing playing with your mind. The met actually have two documents describing different processes for racist and reverse-racist attacks. Racist attacks are majority on minority whereas reverse-racist attacks are minority on majority. The hypocracy comes when you are in a predominately "minority" area like where I live (East London). The minority is the VAST majority here. The documents treat each crime with different severity.

Anti racism has only served to victimise the majority victims who get prosecuted when their attackers say "he called me a golly officer".

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Ah but Joe

I presume your skin is white. You are therefore by definition, racist.
    I have a strong suspicion that you're sexist too (male) and probably homophobic (straight).
    Aren't you just ashamed of yourself?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That's racist.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Yeah completely.

And if a black man kills a white man it's not a racist killing - it's "reverse racism"!
    That's not true is it. Was a case only a few night ago of some asians who had killed a white bloke, it was described by the BBC as a 'racist killing'

The trouble in Birmingham between Blacks and Asains was described as 'racially motivated'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X