• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unbelievable weather"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    You may think that, but in other countries it's even worse.
    From what other people have experienced and told me the level of justice is about the same ie: appalling. However, it is worse in the UK not lease it is one of the most expensive. Also in the UK it is not just a matter of corrupt and incompetent judges, corrupt and incompetent barristers, corrupt and incompetent solicitors it is also about the judicial system based on class. The word of the gentry is taken a gospel but a member of the lower or middle class is considered worthless against one.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 16:48.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Only problem is that if I got ill, I would want proper 1st-world healthcare. Also law & order / justice system would be a concern in many countries.
    Isn't that 2 problems?

1. keep a flat in the UK
    2. justice in the UK is a joke. anywhere is better than here.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 16:47.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Question:

Will it ever stop raining in the UK?
    Nope. Best to emigrate now.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 16:48.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Raining in SE LOndon. Very annoying as windscreen wipers on car are broken.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Surprisingly wet and windy here in Surrey.

Bit like my office.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    its -20 c in Bulgaria and - 40 c Ukraine

it is so wet in the UK the weather forecast is given as either a choppy or heavy waves.

It's not so bad in London. It's just drizzle and around 12 c.

I am expecting a water shortage in summer though.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Its a glorious 15c outside, people are sitting outside cafes drinking and eating. Further down south its meant to be reaching 20c but I reckon its going to get cold in the new year, this is just to lull us into a false sense of security...
    its -20 c in Bulgaria and - 40 c Ukraine

it is so wet in the UK the weather forecast is given as either a choppy or heavy waves.
    Last edited by Paddy; 24 December 2012, 12:01.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic Unbelievable weather

Unbelievable weather

Its a glorious 15c outside, people are sitting outside cafes drinking and eating. Further down south its meant to be reaching 20c but I reckon its going to get cold in the new year, this is just to lull us into a false sense of security...

Working...
X