• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best bassline ever in the history of time"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Thank you forlettinmebemiceelfagain - Magazine - or the Sly and The Family stone original.

I do like a lot of the basslines in various Rush songs though, and that Chic/ Sis Sledge stuff takes some beating - it was a move on from some of the Motown ones which are surprisingly innovative - stuff like my girl.

Oh, and "oye Como Va" - the Santana version or versions by a million others

Leave a comment:

• Bwana
    replied
    <deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:44.

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This guy would disagree with you
    Agreed - I believe he was actually classically trained and his influence at the start made Metallica what it is today.

And to add my tuppence worth -

I like Kim Deal's work on Pixies - Gigantic (in fact, a great rhythm section all round) It's simple but very effective and I like the bassline on Stone Roses - She Bangs the Drums

Leave a comment:

• Basil Fawlty
    replied
    Transmission - Joy Division

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Nice!

Neil Peart is some drummer, must be talking 50K for his kit, all tuned perfectly.
    I wonder how gets out out of his kit after a gig, like 'help, I'm stuck...'

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Haven't read the thread fully (ie at all) cos I know the best bass line is Geddy Lee's riffing over middle eight sort of over the Lead Guitar, like a duel, as a guitarist myself, the bass work eats the guitar alive, HQ vid here, 11 min song, 8:30 is when Geddy rips the bass, slow bits, fast bits, time changes, no fuss at all....

Nice!

Neil Peart is some drummer, must be talking 50K for his kit, all tuned perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Haven't read the thread fully (ie at all) cos I know the best bass line is Geddy Lee's riffing over middle eight sort of over the Lead Guitar, like a duel, as a guitarist myself, the bass work eats the guitar alive, HQ vid here, 11 min song, 8:30 is when Geddy rips the bass, slow bits, fast bits, time changes, no fuss at all....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I always though Rodgers done the bass parts.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Nile Rodgers...

Bowie hires him, lets dance gets made, what is there not to like.
    Except Nile Rodgers was the guitarist. Bernard Edwards was the bass player half of Chic. Not that I'm an expert on disco.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Nile Rodgers...

Bowie hires him, lets dance gets made, what is there not to like.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Mrs. Vandebilt ...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Cards on the table... I plead guilty...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This guy would disagree with you

Cliff was different though.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Seen Ben Folds Five the other week, fantastic bass player. Lot of space has to be filled when you don't have any guitarists

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    McVie from Fleetwood Mac is probably my favourite bass player, The Chain is probably the one everyone will know but songs like Sara where he just drives the thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X