• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "R.I.P. Dave Brubeck"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You wanna bet? Using one of his seed drills, I planted a few seeds and a few months later smoked the results and there he was, playing "Bungle in the Jungle". Amazing and then that old mucker Uriah Heep turned up
    Never really liked Uriah Heep.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    You wanna bet? Using one of his seed drills, I planted a few seeds and a few months later smoked the results and there he was, playing "Bungle in the Jungle". Amazing and then that old mucker Uriah Heep turned up
    Was that mad hippy dude, Steely Dan there as well ?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    How about 7/4:
    Pink Floyd's Money is in 7/4.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Aware of that, but highly unlikely that anyone saw 'him' on the telly, playing a flute and standing one one leg.

He invented the seed drill by the way

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Seen him on the box recently, think it was a prog rock show, looks like a bus driver now.

Did he not own a fish farm for a while? Might still do.

EDIT: nope he sold it.
    Last edited by minestrone; 6 December 2012, 12:04.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Thick as a Brick 2 on Youtube

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Actually to be really pedantic, Jethro Tull is a him. He was an 18th century agriculturalist, I learnt that in school...
    Aware of that, but highly unlikely that anyone saw 'him' on the telly, playing a flute and standing one one leg.

He invented the seed drill by the way

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I know I'm being a pedant

Been a big Tull fan for years and always hated it when people referred to Jethro Tull as 'him'.

Ian Anderson is currently touring the TAAB2 album with another bunch of musicians.

Anyways, apologies for the pedantry
    Actually to be really pedantic, Jethro Tull is a him. He was an 18th century agriculturalist, I learnt that in school...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Pedant.

Saw Ian Anderson on the telly last week. Dunno whether he had the band with him or not.

He still does that weird leg in the air thing.

Edit:

Jethro Tull 2011 - present
    I know I'm being a pedant

Been a big Tull fan for years and always hated it when people referred to Jethro Tull as 'him'.

Ian Anderson is currently touring the TAAB2 album with another bunch of musicians.

Anyways, apologies for the pedantry

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    You saw 'them' on telly last week.

Jethro Tull is a band.
    Pedant.

Saw Ian Anderson on the telly last week. Dunno whether he had the band with him or not.

Edit:

Jethro Tull 2011 - present

In interviews in November 2011 Martin Barre stated that there were no plans for future Jethro Tull work and he does not foresee any Tull concerts for the next two years.

On 30 January 2012, Ian announced via the Jethro Tull website that Thick As a Brick 2: Whatever Happened To Gerald Bostock?, a followup to Thick As a Brick would be released on 2 April 2012. It is billed as an Ian Anderson solo album and not a Jethro Tull album. Ian will subsequently tour for 18 months to promote the original and new sequel.

Thick As a Brick 2 had its World premiere on 14 April 2012 at Perth Concert Hall, Scotland, UK.[
    Last edited by Sysman; 6 December 2012, 10:36.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    RIP

People can't handle 5/4 timing.
    How about 7/4:

Unsquare Dance Wiki

Youtube

The version that was on the Brubeck album I used to have included the band breaking into laughter at the end. The album cover explained that this was just a practice attempt and they were amazed that they got it right.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Saw him on telly last week.

You saw 'them' on telly last week.

Jethro Tull is a band.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Jethro Tull can.
    Saw him on telly last week.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    He took his last five.

Dave Brubeck, worldwide ambassador of jazz, dies at 91

Thanks for some wonderful music, Dave.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I tried for about a year to teach my flatmate the time signatures to "I say a little prayer for you"

No matter what I did or how I explained it he just could not get it.

Foaming...

IT'S A FUGGIN FIVE, FUGGIN FIVE, THAT'S A FUGGIN THREE, THREE, NOW FOUR, FECKIN FOUR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X