• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Show us your watches"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You can pay for your Breitling with Tesco vouchers at Goldsmiths!

Tesco.com - rewards
    That's how I bought a watch at one stage

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Following on from MS's thread, I have had my ete on this for a while, just can't get the guts to click buy

Although given I am still waiting for my grandfathers Omega to come back from its, gradually ever increasingly expensive service I might wait a bit longer
    You can pay for your Breitling with Tesco vouchers at Goldsmiths!

Tesco.com - rewards - Unexpected error

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I have a waterproof, shockproof, fireproof, theft proof Timex....

Now, where did I put it

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I'm wearing a Fitbit surge, not as pretty as some of your watches though.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Following on from MS's thread, I have had my ete on this for a while, just can't get the guts to click buy

Although given I am still waiting for my grandfathers Omega to come back from its, gradually ever increasingly expensive service I might wait a bit longer

Leave a comment:

• Scoi
    replied
    Fossil LED James Bond
    Diesel
    DKNY
    TAG F1
    One of those rubber sports ones

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Today's Dilbert.
    How apposite.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied

new reflected in the old. it was my fathers watch. it was a gift when he was on holiday in switzerland in 1952. i had it restored and locked away for special occasions but i've been wearing it a lot of lately.
    Last edited by DS23; 7 December 2012, 11:27. Reason: ..

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    Originally posted by gruntling View Post
    But usually wear a Vostok Komandirskie Russian army watch which keeps great time.
    I have the Vostok Expedition, a great looking watch but man, I have to keep it in a watch winder all the time to make sure it's charged up..

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    This is my general day to day watch. Yes, in bright yellow

This is my fancy interview/going out watch

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I bought the similar, but silver Casio to replace my old old watch for £15, but I don't like it much. It's way too bulky - how can a modern electronic device be bigger and bulkier than the same thing from 28 years ago? The strap feels like it might fall apart any second too. Obviously I didnt' expect a lot for £15, but still.

It seems a decent digital watch is a hard thing to buy.
    The black plastic ones are thin and light - I paid £5 for mine. Might go for a Tissot next.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    I bought the similar, but silver Casio to replace my old old watch for £15, but I don't like it much. It's way too bulky - how can a modern electronic device be bigger and bulkier than the same thing from 28 years ago? The strap feels like it might fall apart any second too. Obviously I didnt' expect a lot for £15, but still.

It seems a decent digital watch is a hard thing to buy.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    A Seiko which was a leaving gift from permiedum.

An Ellesse which I spotted on Ebay for a quarter of its price as its battery was dead.

Always fancied one of those Rado Ceramica watches till a dick at my permie job got one, who had no idea what it was or why it was special. Put me right off getting one.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    It is curious how watches remain as jewellery when the original reason why they were costly has long gone. It doesn't cost 5k to get a watch that works, it costs 5k for a 5k piece of jewellery. Two questions occur to me:
    1. do you buy it because it looks nice, or because it says (perhaps especially to yourself) that you have 5k to spend unnecessarily?
    2. if it's because it looks nice, what if it doesn't work? Surely it still looks as nice as it did when it worked?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    aka....the Programmers watch
    Nope, this is:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X