• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who's putting their xmas tree up this weekend?"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Getting the tree and the deccies out the cellar next Saturday according to the missus.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Bit tricky if they are flying.
    Not sure how much excess I would get charged for a 6 footer

Spotted one on the John Lewis website for £180, have had a look round the shops in cloggers and haven't seen anything that isn't cheap tacky, and wouldn't last 5 mins with the NorPusses. The Cloogies do like their "goedkoope" aka cheap tat.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Homebase about 3 years ago, for a couple of hundred quid or something.

I imagine one can buy them online, but anyway aren't you visiting Blighty for a week or too before Christmas?
    Bit tricky if they are flying.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I have a live one in the conservatory & the black fake one in the games room, neither will be going up this weekend. Maybe next Sunday.
    Agreed.

Second weekend of December here.

It's a tradition going back to when I was a nipper.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I have a small metal one and thats it but we go to the inlaws who put one up on Christmas Eve (actually the day you give presents here.) A German invention (more like tradition actually) along with the giving of presents at Christmas...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Our tree will be sourced next Saturday, we've been getting our trees from the same place for the last 20 years. The its off into Manchester for the Christmas markets, signalling the start of the festive season at Pogle acres.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Sounds like fun

We always take our decos down on the 1st as its youngests ones birthday and we want it to be her birthday not a hangover from Christmas.
    My youngest's birthday is 24th. He always thought it was quite cool that the house was all decorated for his birthday. Just as well really!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mrs BP got it up this morning.

While I took baby bp to Gambados.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Where did you get it and do they deliver to cloggers?
    Homebase about 3 years ago, for a couple of hundred quid or something.

I imagine one can buy them online, but anyway aren't you visiting Blighty for a week or too before Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ye gods, I despair when I see trees and decorations up weeks before the damn day.

Put it up the weekend before Christmas (at the earliest).

Bah Humbug!!!
    Ok Scrooge.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Ye gods, I despair when I see trees and decorations up weeks before the damn day.

Put it up the weekend before Christmas (at the earliest).

Bah Humbug!!!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    £185 my xmas tree cost. Bit much I thought. Its a bloddy plastic tree at the end of the day !!!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Sounds like fun

We always take our decos down on the 1st as its youngests ones birthday and we want it to be her birthday not a hangover from Christmas.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, it's better for her to have a proper b-day than it lumped in with Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Who's putting their xmas tree up this weekend?

In Soviet family we can have the decs up till March or summert, but as I am the archetypal Scrooge I've usually done an Arthur Fowler by New Year (Noviy God)...

Did you know Russian for God is 'Bog' - no wonder they went all aetheist...

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    It's Jr's first bday tomorrow - I still cannot believe its been a year!!

Soooooo, maybe when the birthday paraphenalia is down, I'll convice himself to get the decorations out. We've a plastic tree which I think is grand and he hates. I suspect this year, I'll spend most of my time trying to stop Jr from either pulling it down or trying to eat it. Fun times eh?
    Sounds like fun

Leave a comment:

Working...
X