• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yet another example of a well balanced I.T. pioneer....."

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    He moved to Montreal, where he lived with his wife Janice, before moving to Tennessee. He now has a company called Future Tense Secure Systems.
    Sure the Future is tense ...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

John McAfee arrested for DUI, gun possession - Aug. 7, 2015

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Belize police are looking for John McAfee.
    If they catch him they estimate the trial could last 30 days...
    Seems like the Guatemalan government have joined the joke

John McAfee Asks For 'Normal Life' In US

Fredy Viana, a spokesman for Guatemala's Immigration Department, said that before the agency looks into the request to allow Mr McAfee to stay in Guatemala, a judge must first deal with the appeal asking that authorities make sure Mr McAfee's physical integrity is protected.

"We won't look into (allowing him to stay) until the other appeal is resolved," Mr Viana said. "The law gives me 30 days to resolve the issue."

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    It's the most interesting thing I've read today!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    His blog is either the bollocks or he's a total psycho

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I should 'fess up that it was from a joke website not my own...
    You petty thief!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    How does he dodge US taxes in Belize?
    The reason I ask is because he is an American citizen, and they are taxed by the US wherever they are in the world.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    OK HMRC might prosecute him for tax evasion. But do HMRC have the ability to forcibly take the unpaid tax from his Belize bank account(s)?
    Asil Nadir has been offered the choice of coughing up 5 million or an extra few years in the chokey - compensation for theft from PP, not tax evasion but maybe the same principle applies.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Well, I have half a tale here, an acquaintance of mine in UK has a Belize company, as far as I know he has property for rental in M/cr nothing grand and several micro businesses, all channelled through this Belize Co, meaning (to him) he pays no UK tax and none (he said none) or very low (prolly the truth) Belize tax. I explained to him the 183 days stuff, domicile for tax purposes, he insists he's fully entitled to carry on here in UK paying no tax and he's quite proud to say that at 37 yo he's never paid a penny in UK tax. (income tax/NI obviously, lets not get into RLF, VAT on pasties etc...)

Now I would never shop him, but part of me hopes he gets it.....

He tells me the Belize door is shut now, but still ok for those in it already. Like, yeah....
    OK HMRC might prosecute him for tax evasion. But do HMRC have the ability to forcibly take the unpaid tax from his Belize bank account(s)?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Well, I have half a tale here, an acquaintance of mine in UK has a Belize company, as far as I know he has property for rental in M/cr nothing grand and several micro businesses, all channelled through this Belize Co, meaning (to him) he pays no UK tax and none (he said none) or very low (prolly the truth) Belize tax. I explained to him the 183 days stuff, domicile for tax purposes, he insists he's fully entitled to carry on here in UK paying no tax and he's quite proud to say that at 37 yo he's never paid a penny in UK tax. (income tax/NI obviously, lets not get into RLF, VAT on pasties etc...)

Now I would never shop him, but part of me hopes he gets it.....

He tells me the Belize door is shut now, but still ok for those in it already. Like, yeah....

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    So firstly he moves to Belize to dodge US taxes....

Then his whines like a baby that the country he has moved to - has a corrupt police force

Presumably he will be wanting all the support and resources that the US State Department has - despite going out of his way to avoid contributing to it.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Belize police are looking for John McAfee.
    If they catch him they estimate the trial could last 30 days...
    Whatever the outcome, they'll never be able to get rid of him.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Hope you're not expecting any +ve for that :-)
    I got one off Zeity! Cheers ZG!!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    If I get some I'll post here, don't worry!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Maybe he's gone to see Dr Solomons?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X