• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blair Hijacks Scottish Racists"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    England fan assaulted in Aberdeen

Police in Aberdeen are investigating a racially motivated assault on a man wearing an England shirt.
    Keith Brazier, 29, was attacked by a group of youths at 2030 BST on Saturday outside a supermarket on Union Street.

these incidents appear to be not so isolated

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    My Scottish mate Neil has just sent me this. He doesn't know I share his rantings with you lot. Perhaps I should tell him ... nah, he'd go over the top!
    Originally posted by Wendigo's Scottish mate Neil
    re Shirts for next round, shirts are expensive but I noticed on the table this morning that Robbie has somewhere got himself a very large Portuguese flag, an absolute beaut! All the more remarkable since we've never been to Portugal, so it's origin is a mystery.

Shock of the weekend was a big fat bloke ambling round the Coop here in Houston in shorts and sandals getting the paper AND WEARING AN UGLY GREAT ENG*** SHIRT! Brave or mad, he's lucky this is the civilised end of Renfrewshire....2.5 miles down the road is Linwood, where two unfortunate fans were hospitalised by a gang of Trodgylites (Linwood cave dwellers!) for cheering ENG**** goal against Trinidad in a local pub.

I kid you not, the local police are treating it as a 'racist' assault, using the same legislation as is used against thugs who beat up blacks and asylum seekers (which is actually correct...same thing!) to prosecute the perpetrators.

By God, its getting dangerous to be ENG**** these days! Get the CRE in to protect oppressed ENG*** supporters!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I thought Spain was an exception - racial abuse is allowed at football grounds there?
    Something to do with fishing quotas and supporting the Iraq War I believe!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I thought Spain was an exception - racial abuse is allowed at football grounds there?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So, showstopper producing the facts then. Easy peasy!
    Libellous my @rse!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Rangers fined for sectarian chanting

RANGERS were yesterday fined €19,500 (about £13,300) after an appeal against the decision to clear the club of discriminatory chanting by fans during the Champions League tie against Villarreal was partially upheld.
    The Ibrox club have also been “severely warned about their responsibility for any future misconduct of their supporters in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour”.
    In the original verdict, Uefa decided it could not act against the club citing “the context of Scotland’s social and historical background”. However, that prompted an appeal from Gerhard Kapl, the Uefa match delegate, who had lodged the initial complaint, and there was speculation the club could be forced to play games behind closed doors.

Kapl, who compiled evidence during Rangers’ matches against Villarreal, had recommended a £25,000 fine and the closure of a stand at Ibrox. In the end, Rangers were only fined £9,000 after a window on the Villarreal team bus was broken ahead of the second leg of the Champions League tie in Spain.

Rangers issued a statement after hearing yesterday’s verdict: “Rangers Football Club is disappointed by the decision by Uefa’s appeals body not to uphold the original verdict of the control and disciplinary body. The appeals body has concluded that Rangers fans were guilty of discriminatory chanting at both legs of the Champions League matches against Villarreal.

“The club and its legal advisors put forward a strong case highlighting the important initiatives Rangers is taking to tackle sectarianism, racism and other forms of inappropriate behaviour which were complimented by the chairman of the appeals body, Michel Wuilleret.

“The decision by Uefa should be seen as a strong warning to the minority of supporters whose inappropriate behaviour brings the club into serious disrepute.
    “The controlling authorities in football will be monitoring closely any future misconduct by supporters in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour. Rangers Football Club does not intend to take this appeal any further.”

Celtic fans 'Europe's best'
    Celtic fans created a great atmosphere in Seville
    Celtic's fans have been named the best in Europe by Uefa. The Scottish outfit's supporters received the 2003 Uefa Fair Play Award on Wednesday for their behaviour during the club's run to the Uefa Cup final last season.

European football's governing body paid tribute to the 80,000 fans that had travelled to Seville to help create a fiesta atmosphere in the Spanish city.

Celtic Supporters Association general secretary Eddie Toner said: "The Fair Play Award is a fantastic tribute to the Celtic supporters who represented the club in Europe so magnificently last season.

"Celtic supporters have travelled in large numbers throughout Europe over many years and they have rightly earned an excellent reputation during this time.

"The Fair Play Award is further recognition of the Celtic supporters' high standing in Europe and an honour which is well deserved."
    Nuff said. You can stick that up your pipe whyme by the way.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    By the way it's best to self-filter Shaunbhoy's drivel.
    He gets a bit excited if nobody acknowledges how great celtic are. And to be fair they're easily the best team which plays their home games at Parkhead.
    No, it's Celtic Reserves. SB recently rolled off a team of great current Scottish Celtic players, few of whom had ever darkened the doorway of the first team dressing room on match day!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Yeah alright, touche and all that

By the way it's best to self-filter Shaunbhoy's drivel.
    He gets a bit excited if nobody acknowledges how great celtic are. And to be fair they're easily the best team which plays their home games at Parkhead.

Leave a comment:

• whyme
    replied
    Nuff said!!

From SB They are not known as TFOD (The Forces Of Darkness) for nothing you know!!
    Even UEFA are keeping an eye on their antics whilst the same UEFA hand out plaudits to the Celtic support for good behaviour

So you know for a fact that EUFA are not keeping an eye on rangers' supporters, do you?
    Yep, they did explicitly state the case was closed

And EUFA did not applaud celtic's supporters?
    That they did. However, he omitted to mention the behaviour of individuals during Celtic's run that year, which was reported, though not widely

[QUOTE=Dundeegeorge]
    I suspect that neither celtic nor rangers' supporters are better or worse than each other, it's the morons in the midst of each of them who are the problem.

This was a WoS problem long before the OF appeared, though the minority have attached themselves to the teams. They'll find something else is ever the OF disappear

And it's your inference, shaunbhoy's implication (grammar police).
    It's a fair cop, guv (BTW i's UEFA not EUFA. 1-1?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Okay

Originally posted by whyme
    He made comments about UEFA monitoring their behaviour, which is untrue. There was an investigation where they were found not guilty, but was raised to a public hand-slap after an individual appealed. At the same time, he tried to draw parallels wit his team's supporters perceived behaviour. Taken in the context of this thread, the inference was clear
    Nuff said!!

From SB They are not known as TFOD (The Forces Of Darkness) for nothing you know!!
    Even UEFA are keeping an eye on their antics whilst the same UEFA hand out plaudits to the Celtic support for good behaviour

So you know for a fact that EUFA are not keeping an eye on rangers' supporters, do you? And EUFA did not applaud celtic's supporters?
    I suspect that neither celtic nor rangers' supporters are better or worse than each other, it's the morons in the midst of each of them who are the problem.
    And it's your inference, shaunbhoy's implication (grammar police).

Leave a comment:

• whyme
    replied
    He made comments about UEFA monitoring their behaviour, which is untrue. There was an investigation where they were found not guilty, but was raised to a public hand-slap after an individual appealed. At the same time, he tried to draw parallels wit his team's supporters perceived behaviour. Taken in the context of this thread, the inference was clear

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Which libelous comments about Rangers' supporters?

Shaunbhoys libelous comments, what libelous comments?

Leave a comment:

• whyme
    replied
    Which ones were those?
    Which ones were what?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    What libelous comments against Rangers' supporters?

Originally posted by whyme
    No-one accused you of imaginging anything - I simply pointed out that you, and another poster, were quick to give unfounded examples of bigotry, whilst at the same time making accusations against the other "side" (Shaunbhoys libellous comments against Rangers supporters, and your own claims that the local lodge would put your windows in. BTW, you still haven't named the organisation).

At best, this is point scoring, at worst you are guilty of attempting to tar a group of people with an untrue stereotype. And you claim to be a victim of bigotry.
    Which ones were those?

Leave a comment:

• whyme
    replied
    No-one accused you of imaginging anything - I simply pointed out that you, and another poster, were quick to give unfounded examples of bigotry, whilst at the same time making accusations against the other "side" (Shaunbhoys libellous comments against Rangers supporters, and your own claims that the local lodge would put your windows in. BTW, you still haven't named the organisation).

At best, this is point scoring, at worst you are guilty of attempting to tar a group of people with an untrue stereotype. And you claim to be a victim of bigotry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X