• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Star Wars film in 2015 made by......... Disney"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Bing Sings but Walt Disney

(disnie is Scottish for does not)

Star Wars was a very good film but the only truly great film which holds itself up in truly great films was Empire which Kershner did, the rest were just blockbusters of little substance.

It is probably safer in Disney's hands than his.

I'm not thiking about films, I'm thinking about Florida theme parks, 20 square miles of Star Wars and that is what Disney can do. That is what Disney will do.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    With Disney buying Star Wars Donald Duck will now have four nephews. Huey, Louie, Dewey and Chewie.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Obiwan Kenobi
    replied
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened to the franchise.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    WSS

IMO much better than II or III

so there you lot !
    WTS. Episode I was okay. Not good, not terrible. Episode II on the other hand, was just the worst, most boring, badly acted, badly written POS I've ever had to endure in the cinema. And I've seen Lord Of the Rings Part 1.

III I saw a bit of on TV, and seemed to be even worse.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Lucas is altering the deal. Pray he does not alter it any further.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    I liked Episode I!
    WSS

IMO much better than II or III

so there you lot !

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Fair play to George Lucas. He didn't overuse the Star Wars franchise - in fact refusing to make any more movies, because he didn't have any more story he wanted to tell - even though he could have made lots of money making more movies.

Unlike Disney, who will now rape the franchise to milk every cent out of it that they possibly can to recoup their 4.5 Billion investment
    You obviously missed the whole Clone Wars series

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I find your lack of faith..disturbing
    I always hoped they'd release a directors cut of Episode 1. You know - like they added a CGI Jabba to Episode 4, they could do a chop and remove all scenes with Jar Jar Binks. Or have him mutilated by a swamp creature as soon as they arrive back at the Gungan underwater city.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    You've got that the wrong way round. Pretend 1 never existed and watch the other 2, they're alright.
    You misunderstand the anatomy of a grudge.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    I have refused to watch 2 and 3 in protest at 1.
    You've got that the wrong way round. Pretend 1 never existed and watch the other 2, they're alright.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Its not so bad, as long as you skip the 45 mins of children racing surely designed to sell toys. II was good, just skip the 10 mins of teenage romance, and III was pretty awesome.
    I have refused to watch 2 and 3 in protest at 1.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    I liked Episode I!

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Fair play to George Lucas. He didn't overuse the Star Wars franchise - in fact refusing to make any more movies, because he didn't have any more story he wanted to tell - even though he could have made lots of money making more movies.
    Not sure that was a good thing really. There is a lot more story to tell if you look at books, comics etc People want more, Disney will do that, lets just hope its high quality.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied

Unlike Disney, who will now rape the franchise to milk every cent out of it that they possibly can to recoup their 4.5 Billion investment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X