• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The EU isn't working"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Decent food would be nice, god only knows how much bad food I've had to endure over here.
    So actually I must have taken you out for one of the best meals you've had in NL?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That's the exception to the rule and exceptionally good. We just need some decent waiters in straightforward pubs and 'grand cafes'. A few chefs migh be helpful too.
    Decent food would be nice, god only knows how much bad food I've had to endure over here.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    to de librije?
    That's the exception to the rule and exceptionally good. We just need some decent waiters in straightforward pubs and 'grand cafes'. A few chefs migh be helpful too.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Send them to Zwolle then we might get decent waiters.
    to de librije?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gibbsville View Post
    i think the dutch general consenus is that if you live outside the randstad you may well have more than 5 fingers and take loving your cousin a bit too far

me i like getting outside the big cities inc den bosch deventer kampen etc you get more of a real picture of NL
    Deventer's a very nice place indeed, just don't tell those chavs in the Randstad because I'd like it to stay that way. Kampen's worthwhile, but rather dull on a Sunday (very religious).

Leave a comment:

• gibbsville
    replied
    i think the dutch general consenus is that if you live outside the randstad you may well have more than 5 fingers and take loving your cousin a bit too far

me i like getting outside the big cities inc den bosch deventer kampen etc you get more of a real picture of NL

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gibbsville View Post

i live in NL den haag and theres loads of spaniolies here
    Send them to Zwolle then we might get decent waiters.

Leave a comment:

• gibbsville
    replied
    theres still money out there but most of its in china and some in bobland

EU is fubared

i live in NL den haag and theres loads of spaniolies here

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    The EU was designed to stop France and Germany from fighting. It is working.

The Euro was designed to harmonise currencies so that the poorer countries could buy German stuff, so that the German economy could keep exporting. It's working too.

The poorer countries are now poorer still because the Euro merely covered over the fact that they still couldn't afford it. But fixing that wasn't in the spec.
    Quick! Someone phone Bob!

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    The EU was designed to stop France and Germany from fighting. It is working.

The Euro was designed to harmonise currencies so that the poorer countries could buy German stuff, so that the German economy could keep exporting. It's working too.

The poorer countries are now poorer still because the Euro merely covered over the fact that they still couldn't afford it. But fixing that wasn't in the spec.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Yeah I read the article yesterday 4300 from the Genk plant and 1400-1700? from the UK manufacturing in the UK is shot to pieces

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Ford moving to Spain

Ford will be closing its factory in Gent Belgium and moving to Valencia in Spain next year as the Spanish are cheaper. If you are a Multinational then the EU is working but if you are a Belgian or UK car worker then it's not working

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Right now the 'stronger' Euro countries, i.e. Germany and Holland, seem to be OK; it's the weaker countries who are really feeling the pain. Perhaps time to split into Northern and Southern euro.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They voted to stay in the Euro. And it will only get worse.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They will soon be desperate enough to work in the brothels.
    What, nicking jobs from locals?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X