• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm depressed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm depressed"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BPMGuru View Post
    You called ?
    Oh Suity.

Leave a comment:

• BPMGuru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Probably, but as I've decided I want to implement as part of new job I need to find someone experienced in it. Pity there wasn't anyone on here.
    You called ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oooh, ahh, I'm wounded.

Knobhead.
    Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle oh!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I'm looking for an expert who can see a project through from start to finish. The finish part is important though, so if you hear of anyone PM me.
    Oooh, ahh, I'm wounded.

Knobhead.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Give us a call when you feck it up so I can come and laugh.
    I'm looking for an expert who can see a project through from start to finish. The finish part is important though, so if you hear of anyone PM me.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    And that Suityou is why you will always be weaker than me.
    Give us a call when you feck it up so I can come and laugh.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    And that Suityou is why you will always be weaker than me.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Probably, but as I've decided I want to implement as part of new job I need to find someone experienced in it. Pity there wasn't anyone on here.
    Wikipedia says
    'A business process comprises a "series or network of value-added activities, performed by their relevant roles or collaborators, to purposefully achieve the common business goal."[4] These processes are critical to any organization,[citation needed] as they can generate revenue and often represent a significant proportion of costs. As a managerial approach, BPM sees processes as strategic assets of an organization that must be understood, managed, and improved to deliver value-added products and services to clients. This foundation closely resembles other Total Quality Management or Continuous Improvement Process methodologies or approaches. BPM goes a step further by stating that this approach can be supported, or enabled, through technology to ensure the viability of the managerial approach in times of stress and change. In fact, BPM offers an approach to integrate an organizational "change capability" that is both human and technological. As such, many BPM articles and pundits often discuss BPM from one of two viewpoints: people and/or technology.

BPM or Business Process Management is often referred to[by whom?] as 'Management by Business Processes'. The term "business" can be confusing as it is often linked with a hierarchical view (by function) of a company. It is therefore preferable to define BPM as "corporate management through processes". By adding BPM the second meaning of 'Business Performance Management' used by Pr Scheer [5] in his article "Advanced BPM Assessment",[6] BPM can therefore be defined as "company performance management through processes". And it's this resolutely performance-oriented definition which is chosen[by whom?] here. Dominique Thiault, in Managing Performance Through Business Processes[7] defines BPM as a management-through-processes method which helps to bla bla bla bla bla bla managerspeak bla bla'
    Sorry, lost interest half way through the first sentence. People write this tulipe. What a waste of life.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sounds like a right load of old bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Business Process Management.
    Sounds like a right load of old bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If you tell me what BPM stands for I'm sure I could do that. I'd just have to read a few books on it first, like you
    Business Process Management. It's a good thing to get into. The pattern for me has been :

Client Co decides they need it.
    Client Co gets vendor to implement it.
    Client Co runs out of cash.
    Client Co Gets Suity Ltd in to mop up.

Kerrrrrching.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

If only you knew anything about BPM I'm looking for a BA.
    If you tell me what BPM stands for I'm sure I could do that. I'd just have to read a few books on it first, like you

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    6 weeks ago you saved a man from a burning car.. or similar.. you're a hero.. go and meet him that'll cheer you..

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    One of the hazards of doing a longish contract is that you (in some of them anyway) start to give a toss. We've all done it and I'm sure none of us are proud of the fact.
    Enjoy your time off Suity. Start planning Christmas with the sprogs, or help SY02 round the house (i.e. hide in the shed).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X