• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Time Sheets.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Time Sheets."

Collapse

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
    Hidden costs, the average permie wil get six weeks leave including bank holidays and Christmas. Six weeks off for sickies, another six weeks off for courses. That makes 7.5 months working. Even if lazy permie is on £40k that is £38 per hour plus employers contributions (£48 per hour).

NOT SO CHEEP.
    CHEAP

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    Originally posted by 3ill
    LOL.. I dont usually post on these forums.. but that was great!
    Well if you like a bit of mailman bashing here's one I prepared earlier...

Originally posted by Supremepods
    Originally posted by Mailman
    You and me both buddy! Come on house crash! Perhaps we need another terrorist attack to bring prices down in a hurry?

Mailman
    Buddy ???

Are you still here Mailman you fucking idiot ?

If you really did have any money you wouldn't be waiting around for a price crash you'd just be getting on with it like the rest of us. As for praying for terrorist attacks ? Really - you've just showed yourself up for the twat that you are.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
    Hidden costs, the average permie wil get six weeks leave including bank holidays and Christmas. Six weeks off for sickies, another six weeks off for courses. That makes 7.5 months working. Even if lazy permie is on £40k that is £38 per hour plus employers contributions (£48 per hour).

NOT SO CHEEP.
    Six weeks off sick and six weeks on courses? You work in the public sector right?

Leave a comment:

• 3ill
    replied
    Originally posted by supremepods
    I've stayed quiet for long enough on this one and here comes my CUK ritual suicide....

Mailman you really are a big fucking cunt.

What makes you think you earn so much more than everybody else? especially as you do indeed spend more time posting than coding - though probably less time than you spend wanking. You TWAT
    LOL.. I dont usually post on these forums.. but that was great!

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    Wow - he's mad !

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    Originally posted by ME
    ]I've stayed quiet for long enough on this one and here comes my CUK ritual suicide....

What makes you think you earn so much more than everybody else? especially as you do indeed spend more time posting than coding - though probably less time than you spend wanking. You TWAT

Hey look everybody - I'm still here !

Leave a comment:

• vista
    replied
    Permies

Originally posted by threaded
    On top of that they do hardly any work, so actually work out a great deal more expensive.

Some are good - most know how much contractors make and adjust their workrate accordingly.

I've got a couple with me atm and one can drag an afternoons work out for a fortnight and the other has done feck all for the last two weeks - now I'm not having a pop if I was making the cash they were I'd certainly take it easy, all part of the deal.

Contractor purges make me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Just a bunch of suit wearing crack whores.
    Excellent phrase LL , I shall note this phrase for my next interview for tedious questions such as, put into words the first thing that come into your head about your previous team colleauges.

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    On top of that they do hardly any work, so actually work out a great deal more expensive.
    Permiedom blood suckers. Just a bunch of suit wearing crack whores.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black.
    I think most contractors have some idea of what their permie counterparts are earning and most contracts I have been on I've earned substantially more than the perms. Otherwise I wouldn't be contracting. You can just have a quick look at jobserve to see what you'd expect to get as perm.

NOT SO CHEEP.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    I sign off a number of contractors time sheets and have a good laugh when they think they are on good money...if only they knew

Mailman
    I think most contractors have some idea of what their permie counterparts are earning and most contracts I have been on I've earned substantially more than the perms. Otherwise I wouldn't be contracting. You can just have a quick look at jobserve to see what you'd expect to get as perm.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by supremepods
    I've stayed quiet for long enough on this one and here comes my CUK ritual suicide....

He he get in there my son.

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    Supremepods, you are my hero.

I thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Supremepods, you are my hero.

Leave a comment: