• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rolling Stones 02 Arena"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Their new song sounds like something that never made a ZZ top album 25 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I think these bands get fed up with people paying hundreds to touts which they see little off.

And Mick needs the money you know. He is saving for lip reduction surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Rolling Stones announce gigs in London and New York

Thought I'd try & get a couple so went to Ticketmaster. Cheapest ticket = £297. Total for 2 tickets (inc £108 handling fee) = £712.57

Feck that. Saw 'em in '82 for a tenner. Got the J Geils Band & Black Uhuru thrown in for that too.
    Was that the Rolling Stones Farewell Tour? I say the 1971 Rolling Stones Farewell Tour (with the Groundhogs). Can't remember how much it cost, may have been as much as £3. You know, £3 0s 0d.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    108 quid handling fee?

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied

Thought I'd try & get a couple so went to Ticketmaster. Cheapest ticket = £297. Total for 2 tickets (inc £108 handling fee) = £712.57

Feck that. Saw 'em in '82 for a tenner. Got the J Geils Band & Black Uhuru thrown in for that too.

Mick looks like he is morphing into Ian Brown in that pic

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    With the increase in ticket prices I take it he has improved that ridiculous American accent? The talky bit in miss you is one of the reasons I can't take the stones seriously, it reminds me of the card playing scene in weird science.

...oh and that really camp 80s video where he is running around in a stripey t-shirt

...and the poetry tulip in Hyde Park, wtf was that all about?

I could go on.

And I wish they would just call the 'handling charge' the 'my profit from your purchase charge'. 108 for 2 tickets implies that they will be lead ingots and can only be transported 50 at time.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    108 quid handling fee?

How the feck can they justify that? And I thought Cliff Richard was expensive ...
    Last edited by Zippy; 15 October 2012, 14:25.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied

Yep..me too at Sid James Park

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Also J Geils Band! classic. FREEZE FRAME
    and Centrefold...

...was the song of that summer. They ripped the place up when they played that one.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied

Wow £sterling has devalued a lot.

Also J Geils Band! classic. FREEZE FRAME

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Those were the days

The Stones had more competition in those days

I watched Arsenal vs Chelsea for £1.50 in 72

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    started a topic Rolling Stones 02 Arena

Rolling Stones 02 Arena

Pre-sale tickets for the UK dates are already available with prices ranging from £106 - £406 including ticket fees

Working...
X