• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Size of bonus for IT staff in HFs?"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Mess View Post
    If you're in IT dont be surpised if you get a doughnut. If you're good friends with the HF Managers (i.e the business), you may be thrown a few quid. But these days you need to manage your expectations. I've worked at 2 big hedge funds >10bn AUM by the way.

Alternatively, there's this:

http://www.astburymarsden.com/docume...ing%202012.pdf
    Originally posted by SomeDude1012 View Post
    Thank you that is helpful. I was more optimistic .
    Hot Mess was also being optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Bonuses of late have been dire from what I have heard.

I've worked in banking for a number of years and NEVER recieved a bonus....... cos I'm a contractor.

Every day is bonus day when you are contracting.

Leave a comment:

• SomeDude1012
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Mess View Post
    If you're in IT don't be surpised if you get a doughnut...
    Thank you that is helpful. I was more optimistic .

Leave a comment:

• Hot Mess
    replied
    What is the normal size of bonus for IT (not necessarily front office) staff in medium/large hedge funds in London these days?

Providing that performance on both sides is good. I am talking about % rather than £.

PS: I appreciate that this is a contractors' forum, but frankly speaking I do not know a better place to ask.
    If you're in IT dont be surpised if you get a doughnut. If you're good friends with the HF Managers (i.e the business), you may be thrown a few quid. But these days you need to manage your expectations. I've worked at 2 big hedge funds >10bn AUM by the way.

Alternatively, there's this:

http://www.astburymarsden.com/docume...ing%202012.pdf

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    A good bonus used to be taking the staff up the oxo tower.
    Never heard that sexual euphemism before, this just the male staff yeah?

Leave a comment:

• SomeDude1012
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Where they were buying you £300+ cocktails I hope ?

Leave a comment:

• SomeDude1012
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Two examples I know of, from people who worked in IT in small hedge funds...
    Thanks. This is comparable to numbers I have heard from other sources.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:38.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    What is the normal size of bonus for IT (not necessarily front office) staff in medium/large hedge funds in London these days?

Providing that performance on both sides is good. I am talking about % rather than £.

PS: I appreciate that this is a contractors' forum, but frankly speaking I do not know a better place to ask.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

You posted in General, Dickhead - bonus is 1p...

Bonuses are for permies fukface, grow some. Hope that helps...

Leave a comment:

• SomeDude1012
    started a topic Size of bonus for IT staff in HFs?

Size of bonus for IT staff in HFs?

Working...
X