• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permies about to be destroyed"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    You might have a point, maybe i havent been managing the stress properly. It's only work after all, not life and death.
    Don't forget to post your attemps to get a new gf on here, a lot more interesting

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    the wuestio

What is best in life?

Originally posted by ConanTheBarbarian
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you... and to hear the lamentation of their women
    Last edited by doomage; 15 October 2012, 09:30.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Gotta agree with some people on here.

Dont get stressed about it. People will try and stitch you up especially if you're the contractor. It happens.

Personally, one of the reasons I left permie dom because I can't be arsed to arselick and make myself look good. As I've found, sometimes you'll get blamed for something no matter whos fault it is. No point getting stressed over it - if it happens it happens. Keep billing and let the idiots argue amongst themselves.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    Youve missed the point assguru. Couple of days ago you made a nasty comment about me regarding alcoholism and maths. Today you dig out a maths comment I made from 4 years ago (4 years!). Do I have to spell out what that says about you?

I've noticed , occasionally you disappear from your frantic posting for "tea in the garden". Is that when you get booted off the library PC so Geoff from Greggs bakery can check his hotmail? I bet you storm round the reference library dreaming up your next dig!!
    assielong and assguru

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    But it should not be this way, so extreem. You are getting yourself too stressed. Back off get yourself a new gf, life is too short.

Think about it, in five years time, what do you want to remember, the two permies you f£@k up or the hotel in Paris you spent the weekend with the gf?

Currently on crap project, think about which castle to book a spa weekend
    You might have a point, maybe i havent been managing the stress properly. It's only work after all, not life and death.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You think he should kill the permies? Who will sign the timesheets?
    Is he dying, in which case it doesnt matter.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    But many has wished he was dying with the blood of those he hates on his hands.
    You think he should kill the permies? Who will sign the timesheets?

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    WAPS

No man has ever lain on his death bed and expressed a wish that he'd spent more time in the office.
    But many has wished he was dying with the blood of those he hates on his hands.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    WAPS

No man has ever lain on his death bed and expressed a wish that he'd spent more time in the office.
    Ian Brady?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    But it should not be this way, so extreem. You are getting yourself too stressed. Back off get yourself a new gf, life is too short.

Think about it, in five years time, what do you want to remember, the two permies you f£@k up or the hotel in Paris you spent the weekend with the gf?

WAPS

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied

Definitely the fking ppl up, I fondly remember such things years later where Id struggle to tell you in what order I dated some people.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    8 years contracting in banks and fund managers with no breaks. How long till I become a seasoned contractor?

Use your tactic if your only goal is to stay in your gig at all costs. In the big cities there's lots of work. So my goal is to deliver, not merely keep billing. So if I have to fight fire with fire, I will. Fortune favours the brave. If I have to move on because of collateral damage, that's not a problem - though it hasn't happened (yet).

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am not really interested in lashing out
    I was trying to make a philosophical point.

lets put it another way..

you fight fire with fire, the more seasoned contractors fight fire with water

8 years contracting in banks and fund managers with no breaks. How long till I become a seasoned contractor?

Use your tactic if your only goal is to stay in your gig at all costs. In the big cities there's lots of work. So my goal is to deliver, not merely keep billing. So if I have to fight fire with fire, I will. Fortune favours the brave. If I have to move on because of collateral damage, that's not a problem - though it hasn't happened (yet).

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    My point is not about who takes credit. Its just about getting my work used, which is what motivates me. As long as delivery happens I don't really care who takes credit. I know what I've done, as do those who need to. Permies taking credit is a contractors lot. Permies stupidly taking a project off track and endangering success has to be fought.

But then, i suspect you know that but just want to lash out.
    I am not really interested in lashing out
    I was trying to make a philosophical point.

lets put it another way..

you fight fire with fire, the more seasoned contractors fight fire with water

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    aussie schlong, you are not the only one to ever have been in a situation where other people want to take creds for your work.
    Sometimes they make life harder by restricting or cutting off contact with key users and sometimes they actively try to discredit you. Sometimes they try to get you sacked.

Your problem is that you get your ammo together then fire it off. An intelligent seasoned contractor gets the ammo and sticks it in his back pocket, then plays the game so that it never has to be used.

A contractor with a poor sense of strategy and an enormous gob (like you) , shoots it all off to no effect

My point is not about who takes credit. Its just about getting my work used, which is what motivates me. As long as delivery happens I don't really care who takes credit. I know what I've done, as do those who need to. Permies taking credit is a contractors lot. Permies stupidly taking a project off track and endangering success has to be fought.

But then, i suspect you know that but just want to lash out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X